jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

New Profile Feature Suggestion

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Good evening,

This is the first time I've ever made a suggestion, so I hope it's a good one. I would love it if we had an option to put a video on our profiles, perhaps in lieu of our pictures. It would provide added depth into an author's mentality and personality and probably make more people want to read us.

What do you guys think?

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't see a need for it, but I am just one person and cannot speak for the entire community. lol

But, interesting thought though. hmm

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Imo, it's a good idea, Donna. I love hubber-made videos in hubs. As you say it's an added depth. smile

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 5 years ago

I've thought of such things, but wondered if they wouldn't just clutter up the page.  If they were to be allowed, I would want them in addition to what is there, not instead of the avatar.

5. Jaggedfrost profile image89
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

In the vein of Profile suggestions it would be nice if we could do more to customize what articles appear on our profile... it might also be helpful if it is our group names that are used as categories and not the article flowchart placing of the articles.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Since I'm still back in the 90s (dude why the hell did they stop doing updates for windows 95) I'm going to go with no. Sounds like I'd have to learn how to MAKE videos.

And plus you never know what naughty things my hubby might try and upload - for that matter it will probably lead to another whole area to moderate for an already overstretched staff team.

1. Jaggedfrost profile image89
      Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WryLitt, what do you think about my suggestion?  I hope that thought wouldn't create too much extra work.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

I like the idea as an option.  Not sure when we'll get to it, but rich media like photos and videos are good ways of personalizing a profile.

I think videos can be really fun.