jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Suggested Links providing broken links?

1. happydogs profile image61
    happydogsposted 5 years ago

I took it upon myself to earn a little karma by using the suggested links tool for the first hub I created. I then went to my account and noticed that my hub was reporting broken links. I took a look and discovered that the broken links were a few of the links added to the hub from the suggested link tool. Is this normal? Doesn't seem very helpful.

1. tiffany delite profile image81
      tiffany deliteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i haven't had this issue with broken links, and i use the suggested link tool quite a bit. it might help to try the link out before adding it to your page - that is what i usually do. plus, i like to take a peak at what i'm linking to before i actually link to it. sometimes the suggestions aren't really appropriate. hope this  helps! blessings!

1. 0
        SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is good sound advice.

2. happydogs profile image61
    happydogsposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I guess this is what I'll have to do. I was trusting the little pop-up that displayed the content, but I guess I'll have to go to the page and check every time.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

It's possible that the hub was unpublished, but I haven't seen the linking tool add broken links.  I just tested a few links and it seems like it's working.