jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

References?

1. nbolton profile image80
    nboltonposted 6 years ago

I've noticed a lot of Hubs do not link to references. Is this against the rules of Hub Pages? I'm used to including references at the end of my articles, but I can leave them out if it's not allowed here.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's no rule here about them. Free free to use them if you think they are appropriate.

IMHO, unless you're writing a scientific/medical article, I don't think they're exactly necessary. If you're writing a "How To" or other informational piece, resources to give the reader more information are always helpful, but I would hyperlink appropriate words in the text rather than give citations at the end. Just my opinion though...

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think in hubpages we can't give references as it violate its rules and policies

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And you would be wrong. hmm

3. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!

You can add any references you choose to add that are relevant to your topic. You are not required to do so, but it does give your reader something else to reference and your reader might find more value in your work more so than without it.

However, if you cover your topic thoroughly then you have no need to reference anything else.

HubPages has no rules regarding references.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  Most of your questions can be answered in the "Help" section at the top right of your screen or the Learning Center  http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

Different hubbers do it differently.  Some provide hyperlinks, some provide links at the bottom of their hub and some do not source their material, etc.

3. nbolton profile image80
    nboltonposted 6 years ago

Wow, you're fast to reply here! Thank you so much.

working