jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is it just me, or is it really hard to find specific hubbers

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

I've been on HP for a while now and I have to say that, over and over, I have tried typing in someone's name in hopes of getting to their profile and they don't come up.

Is there a simple way to find hubbers via the search thing and I have just managed to miss its obvious function or is it actually pretty damn hard to just type in a hubber's name somewhere and easily get to their main profile page?

If it's not just me, can I ask why this is after all this time? 

If it is just me, well, I will point out that I am horrendously lazy and that I drink, so, those two things coupled with a general and inexplicable ability to miss the obvious will explain my predicament and should not, I hope, make anyone hold back on pointing me to the easy answer I have consistently missed.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I type in the name. Then when I get to the list of results I click 'hubber' on the right hand side. You'll be taken to a list of profiles containing just that search term.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow.... You have done well! I wish I could just find my key when I'm drinking.. finding the keyboard would be almost impossible! smile

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 5 years ago

I always just go to the top right and select "more" from the drop down menu next to the search box.

This takes you to "advanced search."

You don't need to put in all the criteria here, just type in the hubbers name in the blank search box and select "hubbers" from the drop down menu next to it.

It does seem a bit round-a-bout, I suppose, but its really only 3 steps.  (drop down, type name, drop down - hmmmm that sounds like some sort of weird military drill... lol)

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Shades, before you type the hubber's name in, click on hubbers. Don't just try and plug their name into the search bar, when you're on the forums. It will only list what forum posts they are linked to.

Always remember to click "hubbers" first. Then entered the name. smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Cags. WryLilt's suggestion worked! (Thanks Wry).

Forgive me if I suggest that this system is less than intuitive.  tongue

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Right you are Cags.

btw, he's talking about the 'Hubbers' menu item at the top of the page.  You can search your hubber's name from there.  Easy as pie.

You're welcome smile