jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Online Status Feature

1. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but here goes.

What about feature letting Hubbers know if Hubbers that they follow are currently online?

There could be the option to take part in the "Edit Profile" area. I would certainly sign up for it, and would hope that many others would to.

Thoughts?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd be against that. I like the anonymity of being online here, unlike many other applications where as soon as you log on, someone pops up to say hello.
      I come here to work, and pop my head in the forums in quiet or inspirational times. I couldn't concentrate to write if others were 'watching' me.

1. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Izzy, Can see your point. I guess I am just too impatient for emails to reach me saying that people have published a new Hub. smile

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I agree with Izzy.

I like the fact that no one knows I'm online unless I actually interact with the site (this is shown on the person's profile page, hubtivity.)

Sometimes I come on, look through the forums, write a few hubs and leave them unpublished then disappear again - without worrying that anyone will be upset for not replying to a comment or forum post aimed at me.

1. profile image0

Another good point. Thanks WryLit. Um, it is only Sunday night. Did you get your laptop back early?  Welcome home!

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. I don't have a laptop I have a desktop. Coz I'm old fashioned like that!

2. I'm a hub nerd. I'm always on here unless I'm asleep or at work. What made you think I wouldn't be here? LoL

1. profile image0

smile

I have been haunting the forums, and read about your Hub ban. Did not expect to find you here until tomorrow.

Good to see you, as always.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haha I think that was about two months ago. Someone must have bumped it!

3. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I agree with Izzy.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm against it. If you could turn it off like you can on Facebook maybe I would agree with your suggestion.

5. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

+1

6. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Several site users here have had issues with online stalking.  We don't need more of that.

working