jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Can this be remedied? Regards new user signup...

1. Peggy W profile image88
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

A friend of mine wishes to start writing on Hubpages and intended to sign up under me.  She thinks that she forgot to click on one of my trackers ( example... "Click here" to begin writing ) on my profile page when she created her profile, name and password.  She has yet to publish a hub.

When she clicked on my tracker invitation after the fact...it now identifies her as signed in to hubpages.

However, it is not showing up as a new user on my tracker information.

Can anything be done to correct this or must she start over with a new name, password, etc. to begin thereby giving me credit for her new account?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/faq/#closeaccount

'The username of a closed account will not be made available again.'

Probably best to email the team and ask for a deletion. And let her know that if she isn't sure about if she's on your tracker, she can type in hubpages.com/tracker and it will tell you what tracker you are currently using.

Also, how long ago did she sign up? Signups are refreshed every 30-180 minutes from what I've seen.

Peggy Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this good information!  I appreciate it.  Will have her check that tracker information first.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I would consider trying to explain to HubPages, getting them to manually add the tracker, prior to actually closing the new account. This may be possible as no hubs have been published under the new account as of yet.

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is what I'd be doing. Though it may not matter if there are hubs published. Either way, that would be the first step.

Peggy Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone for the good advice.  She got it accomplished!

working