jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)

Did you get this? or am I the only lucky one?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I got a comment on one of my hubs today that said--

"hi friend am glad to ve met your presence online this day. i am new in this lovely site and want to know the reason why i should continue to remain in this site. thank you in anticipation"

I thought about giving a nice inviting answer, but since it has no relevance to the particular hub, my radar beeped.

Did any of you have your presence met in this way today?

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I guess you're the lucky one, from my perspective. lol I've not seen that as of yet. hmm

3. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Hm.  I certainly haven't seen that... Are you going to answer ?

Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know.. think I'll let it ferment for awhile, the person does have a brief profile.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Let us know what you say if you choose to respond!

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Awwww shucks....my presence did not make the grade.

5. jacobkuttyta profile image46
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

you are so lucky

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

my presence has never been met this way, today or ever. hmm  lol

7. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I think that person just won themselves a comment deletion due to irrelevance.

8. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, Rochelle! Unfortunately, my presence wasn't met in this way today.

9. okmom23 profile image78
    okmom23posted 5 years ago

I agree with Relache, 100%!

10. Jane Bovary profile image90
    Jane Bovaryposted 5 years ago

Rochelle, it must be because you look so wise...

11. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

To me, comments like that have the following subtext: "I'm way too sexy to bother doing my own research about whether this site is worthwhile for me or not, so I'm going to waste someone else's time by asking them.  And the person whose time I'm going to waste just happens to be you.  Aren't you the lucky one?"

12. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago

If I get a comment that does not make any sense, I delete it. Or if it has nothing to do with the hub. Or if it's just a list of crap I don't even know what they are talking about.

13. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Nope, my presence was not worthy of this attention either.

14. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Well I'm feeling a little bad-- but I  did finally deny the comment on the basis of it having nothing to do with my hub on growing sprouts, "in so far as much as I can tell".
    I am always intrigued with interesting phraseology, like the one I quoted above and the aforementioned one about meeting my presence online.
    In all seriousness (seriousness can be little difficult for me) I do like to encourage new hubbers and have great admiration for those strike out to accomplish something in their non-native language.  I looked at his hubs and they are obviously original, both in content and in manner of expression.
    I hope he does well, but I think a reply would not help too much.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ms. Rochelle! Hmm, maybe he is not familiar with the culture of "what not to write in somebody's hubs" or the proper forum to ask somebody's help etc. You are a helpful lady that is why you are slightly bothered by deleting the comment. I will try to answer him and tell him what he needs to do. In my case, I usually get lots of emails about nasty things.

Yes--  I agree that there may be a cultural divide, and a learning curve to consider. It may be better  for them to seek that on their own, by  trying, learning, reading,--- even failing.
        I agree with what some others have said.  I'm in no way an expert here. I can sometimes offer encouragement, but my advice is limited.
        Occasionally I have a "100" next to my avatar, but that doesn't mean I know everything.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All growing sprouts need a little nurturing, Rochelle!  LOL!

Just a daily rinse, usually does it.