jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

New Photo Change it or leave it?

1. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I can't decide what to take a picture of, should I keep my picture as is or do something else?

All opinions matter smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Putting on some clothes might be a good beginning.

Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have clothes on I had to crop it.

You must not be a fan of the beach, lol.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you don't want to earn my respect, you can keep it as is.

I've had this picture on for nearly 15 minutes and I'm debating if I want it on there. Guess I can't win you over with a sense of humor either.

I'll quote myself again for you Website Examiner.

All opinions matter smile

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In that case, I think your current photo is unfortunate. The reason is that you are drawing attention to yourself for the wrong reasons. You want to be respected for your writing, your intellect, not for your ability to catch people off-guard with a slightly provocative and weird photo. That is all I have to say on the issue, wishing you luck regardless of your decision.

I respect your opinion and did take it to heart. I read your first edited post, which was rude, glad you changed it(won't repeat it).

You think I'm doing it for the I "want to be respected for your writing, your intellect, not for your ability to catch people off-guard with a slightly provocative photo."

I can see some conservative people saying that. Sure was more than ready for that. But a picture decides if I deserve respect or not is pretty harsh.

You think I'm doing it to show off my body, but thats the complete contrary. I have noticed my behavior when clicking on people's pictures. I only click on people's pictures I want to see more of, and I am trying that with this.

I can see myself getting way more profile views with this picture, but yes you are right is it the right people to bring? The way I see it is no publicity is bad publicity, and this isn't even a bad picture and is PG.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...hey Mikey....it's not a good shot...it looks weird...you're a good looking guy...i liked your other photo with the pet...assumed it's a reflection of who you are

4. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it's kind of strange.. you might come off as one of those creepy guys online who saves women's pics to his files.

just find one that represents you and your writing, whether of yourself or an avatar.

5. Mikeydoes profile image77

And you 2 are right. I agree with you. Something is off on this picture. I had to crop it and now it really doesn't look like I wanted it to. Hence the thread.
    @SomewayOuttaHere
    @rebekahELLE

I've been working on other pics, but I can't really come up with a good idea, since this crop takes a lot of the picture out.

I'll change it here soon, but give me a bit. Enjoy the creepy pic while you can, although I'm sure Website Examiner won't. haha.

I'll post a new one and get your opinion's on it if you don't mind,

Thanks a lot.

You guys like dogs, I'll show you dogs!

6. Mikeydoes profile image77

There you go is that better? Or should I do one with me in it, its hard to take a picture by myself.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that's cute....hard to see...so people will go to your profile...cuz they want to see what it is...is that what you want?....yea, it's def. hard to take a pic of yourself.

I put my dogs as my profile pic on Facebook many times! So yeah, I've done it before. I kind of like barely showing my face so people click on it. Hence why I tried the last photo, but like I said it is too hard by myself. Just wanted to try something different and it didn't work, haha.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...unless you get really creative and take a pic of your feet up somewhere....a shot of the feet with something in the distance....i have one of my motorcyle boots on,  feet resting on a ledge with the grand canyon in the background....

I actually had a way better picture in mind, but those 4 dogs are impossible to keep together. I actually have a beautiful pond behind them a ways. I am going to try an put that in there. I realized I didn't get it in there. Maybe I'll go try again, its just really cold outside!

Thanks for your input! I'll probably be posting here again!

I could never imagine that I have 1 reader, let alone more than that. I don't even want to read what I say, jk.

..ha ha!...you'll figure it out...don't get too cold Mikey! big_smile

7. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Well, I didn't get a chance to see the "creepy" one, but from the others' comments I think you probably did the right thing changing it.

Your profile pic, whether you like it or not, will play a large part in gaining or losing respect of your readers.  Many people judge a book by its cover, that's just life.  Don't use a picture that may have the potential to turn off new readers that might stumble onto your hubs.

The dog picture is not a bad one...

8. Mikeydoes profile image77

BAM, I wish I could have done a better job with my shirt, ohh well.

This a keeper?

i like it....crop it more if you can...don't need all the blue sky...got your feet in there i see...ha ha!....love those dogs too....they're posin' for you!  ha ha....later Mikey...off to work....

working