jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Mean People Suck

1. angela_michelle profile image92
    angela_michelleposted 6 years ago

I have only had a couple people leave mean comments. They don't even have the guts to use their logon name as the name. They actually log off just so they can place "anonymous" messages about a hub of mine. Okay, so if you want to give me constructive criticism at least have the guts to tell me who you are so if I have questions, I can ask you what you mean. But if you are just going to leave a short message on a hub just to say it sucks, with no constructive criticism and don't even have the guts to tell me who you are... Don't. Has anyone else had anyone do this to them?

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been fortunate, angela_michelle.  Nothing mean or untoward has been left on my hubs.  I so agree that people who are such cowards should at least have the cojones to at least identify themselves.  Anonymity can be misused, and obviously has been on your writings.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure they are from HP? Just ignore or delete it, you own your hub, so you have the option to do that.

Some people are mean and you can't change that anymore.

1. CMHypno profile image87
        CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with prettydarkhorse - you are giving these people way too much energy.  Delete the comments if you don't want them on your hubs, or reply to them and forget it. Being mean is their problem, not yours!

2. angela_michelle profile image92
        angela_michelleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did delete this comment. I had to delete one a few months ago because they disagreed with something I posted. This time, they felt my article was stupid.

3. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like democrats! Just ignore them, they'll go away soon enough!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They might not be members or Democrats...just because you would do something like that does not mean everyone would.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
          Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe Republicans too. Angela's hubs are magnificent. No one ever has a right to say they are stupid.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

"Mean People Suck"

Yes they do...smile

3. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 6 years ago

I had a similar problem on another account. Firstly, I set my Comments Box to not show comments until approved, then, as they arrived, deleted inappropriate comments. This made it absolutely pointless for the commenter to leave such a comment, because nobody, except me, would ever see it. It solved the problem.

1. angela_michelle profile image92
      angela_michelleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good Idea.

4. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Yeah... I write a lot about music, and a couple of times, someone would critique not my selections, but the actual singers, or say I have poor taste.  That's the worst I've had, but still I wonder... Why would they take not only the time to read through an entire list they don't agree with and THEN waste more time to write about it?
    It sounds silly to be mean.  Life's much easier when you're nice and easygoing smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A big thumbs up to the last sentence!  What goes around comes around, and with a mean attitude you will attract the same to yourself.

1. KristenGrace profile image61
        KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheers, wilderness!  What goes around certainly does come around.

working