jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Sent articles to articlesubmission.com which may be a scam. Help!

1. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I thought I was sending to a bookmarking site and now I believe they take articles and distribute them all over the web. I looked at one of their sites, and entire articles are there, available to publishers. The two articles are from Hubpages. I had to send my name etc, the URL and a brief summary of the article. I think each one went to about 20 sites. What can I do? Please help.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

If you have submitted your articles to an article directory, then spreading them in this fashion is what article directories are supposed to do. I suggest contacting them, explain that the submission was made in error, that the materials are copyrighted and needed elsewhere, and ask them to withdraw the material from their database and any sites within their reach.

Other than that, you will have to carefully study their terms of service to understand your rights.

It seems the URL you mentioned is for sale. I am wondering to whom exactly you have submitted your articles; those are the ones you should contact.

1. brakel2 profile image88
        brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The site is articlesubmissionhelper.com. I acted as you suggested and sent a contact letter with the information. I never saw any terms of use, but will look further. A hubber had suggested this site, but I misunderstood what the site represented. Thank you so much for helping me with this issue. Maybe it will work out.

2. 0

You are very welcome. Here is a link to their Terms of Use:

3. brakel2 profile image88
      brakel2posted 5 years ago

I read their terms of use and it says that all articles belong to them, but I never had to agree or check that I accepted their terms. I think I will call a lawyer friend. I had spent hours of research on one of the articles.

4. 0

Sounds like the right thing to do, Brakel. Wishing you luck, and maybe you will let us know how it goes.