jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

I am really confused now, can you make sure I have the facts strait?

1. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I know how the eCMP is made, and that you get paid per click. But are
    you only payed per click? Like say I have <snipped AdSense stats--against AdSense terms to disclose this info>. When I get <snipped AdSense stats> will <snipped AdSense stats> be added to my
    total earnings as well as whatever I got from clicks?

A example:
    <snipped AdSense stats>

Thank You anyone who will answer this question, I'm sure it was
    answered before but I cant find it and really want\need to know.

Thanks again,

~Thran~

2. bloggerdollar profile image39
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

No man you got it wrong. The eCPM is the estimated earning for 1000 impressions. So if you have 1 dollar for 333 impressions then your eCPM is 3 dollars.

thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I know how it found lol. I'm saying once I get to 1000 am I paid that eCPM amount (about)?? Like do I get money from just clicks and nothing else, or do I get money from Impressions too?

Look at the example up there under "example" Closely.  I don't know how else to explain it. Do impressions without clicks make me money as well as clicks? Like adding the money from the clicks to the money from 1,000 Impressions??

Come one, someone can tell me can't they T_T?

3. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

No you don't getthe eCPM amount. It's just an estimation of earnings per your impressions; you don't get that.

4. thranax profile image50

Ok, so your saying if I have 507 impressions and 3 clicks that equal $.43 and a eCPM of $1.20, if I don't get another click when I reach 1,000 I will still have $.43?

5. Whitney05 profile image62

Yes. You're actual earnings are in the far right hand column, and you only get what you earn per click, unless you're using other websites to display your ads, who may also let you earn per impression. But, even still you never get the eCPM.

So why does Hubpages take 40% of impressions? What do they get out of that if impressions don't pay you anything?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If people click on their ad view (impression), they make money (or in the case of Amazon or Ebay is someone actually buys).

Thanks you two for answering smile I appreciate it!

One more thing, with eBay and Amazon I get 100% of the time showing right? (Hubpages can't take any percentage of it)

1. Whitney05 profile image62
            Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

No. It's the same 40/60 split. You getting the 60% and HP the 40%.

They're not taking any percentage of the money; they're taking a percent of the time your ID is shown.

It's a fair deal. I mean most sites that allow you to write for free, only give you 50% and you can only use Adsense. HP allows you to make more money, and they're always trying to find ways to increase the money you make. IE changing up the ad placement and adding on more affiliates.

6. Whitney05 profile image62

They basically have their ID's on hubs 40% of the time and get whatever clicks and product buys during that 40%, from what I understand. And the hubber gets the rest of the time (60%).

7. thranax profile image50

Thanks for all the help Whitney and Darkside smile

working