jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

retroactive referral credit?

1. 59
    TravelingStomachsposted 5 years ago

I just joined Hubpages and then read about the HubPages Referral Program.
    As I was inspired to join by one particular Hubber, I would like to be certain that they get the appropriate credit for having referred me.
    Is there a way to check this?
    (and (just as importantly) to correct the situation if they are not recorded as having referred me?)

Thanks for the help.

1. 0
      Whikatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you sign up through one of their hubs or their profile page via a link?

1. 59
        TravelingStomachsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the problem, I'm not actually sure what page I clicked on the link from. 
        Although I had already essentially made up my mind to join - i had been flipping through various hubs to get a better idea of the different sorts of subjects that are being written about - and wasn't actually pying attention to where I was when i clicked the join button.

2. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hope it was me big_smile tongue

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

We had this very similar discussion recently:

1. 59
      TravelingStomachsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

excellent. thanks for this.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Email the Hubber directly and advise them - they may not have a tracker that allows your referral to propagate and would need to set up a tracker.  However, if they have.. give them your joining details and let them check for confirmation. HP will not tell the hubber.. so if you wish to have that relationship with your mentor then do this.

You can start another account under their tracker and cancel this account.

That's about it as far as I know.. Good Luck  and Welcome. smile