jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A way to put in your url tracker in the "Suggested Links" button?

1. prairieprincess profile image97
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I just been learning about how to make url trackers, and realized that to put a tracker into one of your embedded links, you have go into Edit under Text, click on the link itself, put in the referred link, and then put your tracker code in. It's quite time-consuming. Is there a faster way of doing this?

(Hope this makes sense ... I'm lost when it comes to talking about any HTML stuff! tongue

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That was what I responded to, DB Cooper. What I suggested may not be what the OP was hoping for, but it is an alternative to the method she has been using.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is a simpler way. Visit the hub you want to link to, click Share, then you will get the link with the referral tracker included.

1. Lyria profile image59
      Lyriaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this info...I didn't know how to do this either.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure if this answers the OP's question. They want a quick way to add the tracker code to links they make on their hubs. If they have to visit each page they are linking to and click the Share button to get the full code, it's not really saving any time. It would be nice if the tracker code could be automatically added for all internal Hubpages links, but as far as I know that's not possible.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This was asked at some point in the past, and the reply from admin was they haven't done it because trackers were invented to track traffic from outside HubPages, and that's how admin would prefer they are utilized.