jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)

Hubber scores:

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I was just wondering: Why is it that several of the most financially successful hubbers rarely have a writer score of 100 - Mark Knowles, Sunforged, Darkside, Ryankett, Misha, etc? Is it because they spend more time promoting and tweaking their hubs and less time on the forums?

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I personally think it's because they are Yankees and furriners!

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Furriers?? Do they use steel leg-hold traps??

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just on hairy women!

1. habee profile image89

Do you speak from experience?

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say I'm financially successful as yet but the more I earn the more average my score seems. Never hit the big 100.

And I spend TONS of time in the forums!

(Up to $52 on Adsense this month already, woot!)

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I had a 100 once smile

I always felt my lower score was from lack of community involvement.

Who knows that any that you listed are the most financially successful - many of us have just been vocal in methodology, that doesnt equate to success. 3 that you listed, manage multiple accounts - so perhaps the community aspect to the score is weakened across those efforts.

The hubbers showcased in the new "success stories"  are doing well in income and also many have/had 100 hubscores

http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

..the secrets of the hubscore will never be cracked smile

1. habee profile image89

Right - I often have a score of 100, although I'm not nearly as successful as other hubbers, like the ones I mentioned.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i just saw that your on that page, Congrats! .. I would suggest that you are as successful (just not as vocal about the money aspect) give your 700 hubs some time to mature!

1. habee profile image89

Thanks a bunch, Sunforged! I don't know why I was selected. HP emailed me and asked if they could post my results.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Profitability has nothing to do with forum participation. 

And yes, time spent elsewhere is a LOT more profitable.

6. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I think I never seen myself higher than 96 - and I earn probably in the first 10 or so. Though people like Marye Audet or Chuck do get 100 all the time and earn a lot, too. smile

7. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

My HubKarma will hit 100 long before my Hubber score does. At posting, they were 96 and 85 respectively.

And do you know what? I could not give a rat's! The numbers are just numbers to me.

HubPages is a place where I enjoy writing, posting, and hanging out. It is a writing community where people look out for each other (see Sunforged's Thief Alert post and you will see what I mean.)

That is it. If people click on my ads, rate my Hubs, vote them up, etcetera, etcetera, great. If not, so what?
    It is all experience. And it is all fun.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the fact that I usually outscore Misha shows the monetary value of the hubscore. . . . .but still, I want to get to 97, as my personal best is a 96!

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

Just a motivational candy to write more...

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not really. Publishing new material always momentarily drives my score down. If I rest, it goes up.

1. habee profile image89

Same here, Pcunix.

9. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I was a 100 for about 2 days...sigh...
    scores are not as important as buys..wink

10. I am DB Cooper profile image70
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Hitting 100 seems to have a lot to do with how many followers a person has. It seems like almost all the 100's I come across have at least several hundred followers, or if they don't have that many they at least have a lot more followers than hubs created. With a few exceptions, those with a ton of followers (let's say, 1,500 or more) are people that might be considered "pioneers" on this site, in that they've been here 3 or 4 years. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between earnings and hubscore.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

. . . .I'm not sure.  I've never hit one hundred, but I've been to 96, and I've still got less than a hundred followers.  What the guy said up there about resting-that might have something to it.  I stayed between 94 to 96 when I was less active than I am now.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not so sure about that, either.  I've been a dollar hubber several times, and just crossed 200 followers recently. 

As PCunix says, each time I take a few days off the hubber score goes up, then goes back down when I put that new, low score, hub up for publication.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps it has to do with the number of high scoring hubs one has.  I notice when my score is 100 I have a larger percentage of hubs scoring in the 90's range.

working