jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

WARNING I am not sending a video to my followers

1. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Several of my followers have received an email which claims to include a video from me.

IT DOES NOT!  I have not sent anything to my followers.

I got a similar email from one of my followers stating they sent me a video.

These are all looking as if sent via HubPages.

Be aware and do not open it!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you for the heads up Katie. smile

katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your welcome smile  Hopefully noone opens it as it smells bad!  Great to see you!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice to see you as well Katie. I hope things are good besides the smelly email. lol

Yes all else is well big_smile  How bout you?

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll tell you the same thing I told someone else today- It's going and it's been fun watching it go. lol

i like that smile

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Katie, I got one of those emails a couple of hours ago. It didn't look like it came from Hubpages but it did mention your name - it was from VideoMX (Katiem2) and asked me to visit my video at

hxxp://u.bb/1me?vid=Izzym999_on_webcam

which I couldn't resist looking at even though there is no video of me in existence never mind on the web. Anyway, my computer crashed shortly afterwards which isn't that strange as my computer is always crashing, but I did run my AV to be sure.

It looks like your email has been hacked because that name is the start of my email address not my Hubpages username.

Looks like, the first one I got came from a hubber, I opened it as I knew the email address.  I then heard from follower that it was being sent to them.  Sorry!   I changed my passwords and ran scans myself. 

We get busy and I realize I can't allow myself to be to free to open emails from people i know before I consider if they would have sent it to me.

Thanks for the feed back and good luck with your computer.

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Thanks its no problem - back running normally again and yes I knew when I opened it that it wasn't from you and that I took a risk opening the link - it had a sign in page and I just scooted out again. My AV and firewall should keep me protected anyway smile

I should have emailed you about it but I got busy with something else and forgot sorry..

No problem someone else did.  I wonder is there a way to send all your followers a mass email so they can be warned?  smile

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

That Will Be In Response to Getting Caught Squatting with their pants down @ Papatoto.con - the Article Thieves! sad

Tres BullSH.t There..... Hopefully we've Plugged The Bull smile

Yes I think so  smile

working