Unexpectedly getting a lot of traffic, is the hub good enough?

1. nell79 profile image86
    nell79posted 5 years ago

I posted a link on a high traffic site with my rebuttal to an article. Now I'm getting a very decent amount of traffic from that site. Is the hub good enough to keep their attention? I only ask because none of them are leaving comments. What do you think?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I reviewed the Hub and would have to say that if you only wanted people to read it, then you've been successful in that area.

If you wanted them to comment on it? Then it might help if you tell them you would like to hear from them, by putting a header in your Comment Capsule, asking them to leave comments for discussion.

On another note- I would break down your hub into more text capsules, smaller paragraphs, so you don't lose your readers attention. Try to remember, online readers(most) have a short attention span and are not likely to read everything you've written, because of the format.

Also, if you're trying to make money from the hub with Adsense, then you need to move the picture you have at the top, down out of Adsense prime real estate.

Not to mention, when you insert more text capsules, you open up more ad placement spaces for earnings.

The second text capsule would be a good place to put your picture next to and make it a short paragraph to fit along side of the picture. This will create Ad spaces below the capsule.

I hope I explained that clear enough. If not, refer to Marisa Wright's hub on tips: http://hubpages.com/hub/My-HubPages-Tips

1. nell79 profile image86
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the tips. I'll make sure to keep those in mind (though I'm sure I'll have to keep referring back here to get it all! Haha). I'm new at all this, so you really have been very helpful smile