jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

My Hub on Keyword Research for Beginners

1. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 5 years ago

I decided to write a hub on keyword research aimed at beginners.  I had two things in mind, the research I had to do to write this made me learn about some things that I needed to learn about and secondly, to provide a service to beginners in keyword research. 

I want specific feedback:

1.  Is the information accurate?
    2.  Have I told beginners to do anything that would not be helpful?
    3.  Does the Hub cover the topic in a way that makes sense?
    4.  Have I made any horrible mistakes that could ruin the experience for beginners.   

My purpose here is to make sure that I have given good advice that will help beginners get started in keyword research that will work for them.

I am not interested in other feedback, I don't want to know about grammar or punctuation or placement of ads.    I want the content to be right and good for beginners.   Please comment on the content.   

Here is the link:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-Research-for-Beginners

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago

I found it good, Steve, although I don't use the "broad" classification at all.  I'm also willing to accept less than 500 searches; some of my best performing hubs showed less than 200.

You might point out that competing against a PR of 3 can work, but can be difficult.  Better would be lower.  History also plays a part, as do backlinks of the competition.  I also look at how many results there are to a search as at least an indication of what I'm up against.  It certainly isn't the final answer, but can be an indication.

It also took me a little time to find the button at the bottom that would present up to 800 options in the keyword tool.  Shouldn't have, but it did.

A final comment; if you can find a good way to use the new tool, I'll be back to your hub to re-read it.  I don't like it at all - the old options at the left side were valuable to me in that they could reduce the options from 800 to 50 or so and I haven't found a way to duplicate that.

1. SteveoMc profile image90
        SteveoMcposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback wilderness!   Points taken.   

I will revise the page rank stuff, I got so tired of writing this hub that I got sloppy on the page rank part.

2. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wilderness, could you tell me what options you miss?

I remember having this discussion a few weeks ago with someone and pointing out that the options are still there, they've just all been hidden or moved. So if you tell me what's missing I might be able to point you in the right direction.