jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

website hacked?...do i need to inform police?

1. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

if website is hacked do i need to inform police about it?

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it your website? I think you realize it will be a wastage of time.

Better take steps to get it "repaired".

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

just for precaution sake?

Ok - try it! I think you will need to go to the Cyber Cell. Your "friendly" neighborhood police station may not be aware of the relevant laws and sections.

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

"friendly" neighborhood police station lol lol

Exactly.

Plus, getting an FIR filed would be a pain - my guess is you will have to settle for a complaint.

2. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

FBI

3. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

How you're going to explain that your website is under attack to these tech savvy cops ? Besides that I'm not sure all the cities in india have cyber cell department.

There's saying - no matter what happens to your life-stay away from police, lawyers and politicians of india. lol

In between contact your webhost and ask them to reset cpanel password or reset whatever control panel you use for website hosting.

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would contact the police, but don't have any expectations.  It just means that if the do manage to catch the guy (Unlikely) then you can get financial compensation.

5. Lily Rose profile image81
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Sunforged is right, FBI handles online criminal activity, not your local police. I don't recall the site off-hand, but the complaint needs to be filed online...don't expect a response, though.

6. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Websites are hacked hundreds of thousands of times a day. Mine have been hacked several times. It's common, and the cops don't care.

Unless your site controls the nuke missiles countdown or something, don't waste your time. Change all passwords, clean up and move on,,,,

working