How Often??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

How long have you been on HubPages? How often do you visit the forums?  Has the forums lost its funny bone or is it just me? It's been awhile since I visited.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Fluffy-I, too, have noticed a lack of humor here recently.  I suppose that's why I don't come to the forums as often as I used to.
      Glad to see you, though!

Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

good to see you... yeah, I haven't been on here for awhile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that the forum quality has dropped a lot since I joined.  Badly ritten posts, and even sentences that just. I karnt stand it.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark - you are brightening the place up. We need more of you. Must investigate how advanced matchstick man cloning technology is now- maybe we an do it here on HubPages, and make it a world first.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I suspect a photcopier would be sufficient technology.  I am rather two dimensional.

And thanks btw.  Even I need a teensy bit of encouragement now and again.  although you may live to regret it.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) Have you never noticed the little date listed next to every person's name in the forums?
      2) Why is how often I visit the forums of any relevance to anything?
      3) I don't come to the forums for humor.  They are too often full of lonely people who seem to just be trying to get attention.  If I need a laugh, I get together with my friends.

Did you post that as a humourus illustration of why people don't come to forums anymore? Please tell me you are joking and really didn't need to rain on Fluffy's parade when you could've strolled on by and left this thread alone.

1. camlo profile image84
          camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quite agree with you, Spacey Gracey. Relache seems to have a habit of dropping into Forums to leave a nasty comment, or demonstrate her complete lack of humour, no matter how kind we are to her. Makes me rather wonder what is wrong with her.

No point in replying to her message directly; she never answers anyway.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
            lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It does seem to be her mission, ruining the fun stuff. 
            Relache is one wet blanket!

1. camlo profile image84

Well, now we all know that, we won't let her do it again! smile

2. Pcunix profile image91
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Naww. She just doesn't like us.

1. camlo profile image84

That's what I thought, but who cares?

1. Pcunix profile image91

I crave universal love.  That's why I try my best to appease everyone always.  .

Wait here. I have to go appease off some folks in the religious and political forums.

1. Cagsil profile image69
                    Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. camlo profile image84

That doesn't sound good, Pcunix ...

2. Fluffymetal profile image76

Thanks for replying for me guys... lol

3. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may be onto something there...

4. Pcunix profile image91

Appx 40,000 years, I think.

What was the question?

Good to see you Pcunix. big_smile How have you been?

5. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stop in a few times a week but not as long as I used to - mostly due to my work schedule

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I spent awhile not posting much here, I would visit but somehow felt dis-inclined to post. I was having more fun playing with fractal images to design stuff to sell in my online shop. I think I am about to get very busy again as I can now do designs for iPhone and iPad cases. I did enjoy your posts fluffy and hope to see you pop in from time to time.

These forums can be a fun and funny place if it is peopled with fun and funny people. If we let the dips run us off then it will be a dippy forum full of dippy people instead. I let work run me off instead lol

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Oh I know, lets make this a dip-free zone?

I dip, You dip, We dip.

Oh no, I have violated the dip free polity, surely I shall be flogged in the market center?!?! yikes

You are so funny.  Good to see you. big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see ya too! big_smile
        How ya been?

I had been doing great.... hit some roadblocks. Trying to figure out what direction I'm going in my life... the usual smile

4. timorous profile image82
    timorousposted 13 years ago

I know what you mean.  Maybe it's just that time of year.  Most of the frivolous fun stuff is in the Sandpit.  Still, I'll try and come up with something here that's both amusing and engaging.  Let me put my thinking cap on, if I can find it...

Hi everybody smile

hello big_smile

5. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Fluffy,

Nice to see you again, as always. smile I don't think I really need to answer most of your questions, but yes there happens to be almost no humor in most of the forum threads, either due to the religious folk or the political posters who truly lack any real perspective about politics, but love to push their own agendas with heavy bias. :0

But, for me, that's going to come to an end shortly. wink

1. profile image50
      Purplerain87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is my first time on hub pages.  I am not a blogger. I have never blogged in my life. I really did not know what this website was about except for it was a place to write. I recently decided that I want to take writing seriously and figured I might want to start practicing. I love to write and  I have a feeling I will be here very often, writing something mundane or inconsequential and only makes sense to me. ( kinda like this posting) But I do not think I will have very much followers I do not want my family and friends to read what I write. They might not like it.

2. Fluffymetal profile image76

HubPages is a great place to start writing.  It's easy to do, and before you know it you're finding your hubs on google.  I write about poems, very personal stories, and interesting knowledge of my choice.  The forums use to be fun.  I would spend hours everyday playing in the forums, but then they just got boring, but I still use HubPages to organize and produce MY own articles.

@ Cagsil --- Hello, my friend.  Getting bored.... thought I'd see if HubPages was having any fun in the forums, but looks pretty bland.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile big_smile

6. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I'm not bothered if I don't get a response. It actually made me laugh out loud that someone would take the time to post a reply to a forum thread saying they don't want to answer the original question! I had always assumed that a forum thread was an invitation to participate, not a gun-point demand.

1. camlo profile image84

Suppose I lacked some humour when I saw that message ... it's been a hard day.

Guess I should answer the OP's question: The Forums can be great fun after a hard day when I get a moment to myself. I especially like the games (Color Game, Abbreviation Game, Five Letter Word Game). There really are so many great people here, and I generally participate in threads where my favourite Hubbers are also participating. I've also met many of my Hubber freinds on the Forums.

You can see how much I participate and how long I've been here by looking at the statistics beside my profile pic (okay, Relache? smile )

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I just come here for casual dating

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I'm beginning to wish I'd drawn some biceps on.

But Mark, look what long arms you have......oh but very tiny feet I see smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

See.  A couple of weeks ago I thought I'll have a go at this hubpage thing.  I need a pic.  Bit worried about using the pic of an office hunk that I nicked off Google images a while back - what if I get famous and he wants a cut? (He's still on my website, but its OK - no one ever goes there) . So I thought any old crap will do, I can always change it.  Now PCUnix says it's branding, so I guess I'm going to get a lot of this.

Er. Yes.  Tiny feet,  I can't draw feet.

9. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I occasionally try to be funny as I find the majority on any forum just tries to be too serious....

Sometimes I might be serious if someone needs help or some input into something specific, but why be serious all the time. Some people appreciate humour, but others detest it if it's not to their liking.

Really the forums aren't the be all and end all of Hubpages but they do provide a mix of different stuff that may be useful to certain people.

I visit the forums almost everyday, but am finding myself answering less and less and as such am wasting valuable time that I thought I didn't have the other week and so it's really made me think about being more productive in actually attempting more income streams instead of getting caught in the forums.

Having said that though there are a few characters in the forums who I admire and I will always be a fan of, so that's mainly why I visit the forums!

10. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

Some people just need to http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rma/lowres/rman1018l.jpg

11. LindaJM profile image83
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

I'm new here and have enjoyed the forum... a great place to meet people!

welcome big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)