Hub unpublished - I really don't see why

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Are hubs unpublished automaticly when someone flags them, or are they first reviewed by a member of HubPages staff?

I have had a hub about Zoobles unpublished.

The reason given in the email was 'Deceptively Tagged/Titled/Categorized – Hub is improperly categorized, has a misleading title, or has tags that don't match the Hub's content; possibly including irrelevant or excessive tagging or keyword stuffing'

The title matches the contentm as do the tags, there are 11 tags, and it is categorized under 'toys for kids', because it is about toys. Sure it says the word 'Zoobles' a lot, but I don't think it is excessive - about 30 times, and there over 1000 words on the page.

There is also a paragraph in the email I received that says 'Note: Hubs that consist mostly of Photos must be categorized within the Entertainment > Photos & Videos category.' - the hubhas 4 photos and 1 video on it.

Then at the end I am given a warning that 'Please note that repeated violations will result in the closing of your account.'

To be honest I am pretty jarred off by this. I have seen some total drivel on this site. This hub has a score of 85 which is not too shabby.

If this is an automatic email then I think that should be stated on the email.

And with nothing specific stated that needs changing, I am reluctant to spend a long time changing, titles, categoties, tags, number of photos, keywords etc etc without knowing which of those caused the hub to be flagged.

Personally I feel like I am being shown the exit which is pretty scary considering how hard I have worked over the last few months.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping that it's automated! I always assumed that hubs were reviewed by staff after flagging and before being unpublished.

I'd definitely email hubpages and ask for specifics on the problem.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Gracey - I know it's a pain but do try not to take it personally smile. Your best bet is to send hubpages an email and ask them specifically what is wrong - it could well be an error of the automated system.

3. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

check the hub there will be alert on your hub that your hub needs revision

That's the reason why this post was made. Once again, you are making statements based on inferior interpretation of the original post and without reading any further comments for clarification.

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is he an old friend of yours then? Sounds like you've come across him before.

Just have a look back through his posts in the forums. Almost 75% of them are either half incorrect or completely ignorant of hubpages rules and workings, and even the internet in general. Website Examiner and myself have been making a habit of following him and adding corrections. Has been happening for several weeks now.

4. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see from your profile, you are doing well here. Also your main worry about this issue, is the email you received from hubpages regarding

'Please note that repeated violations will result in the closing of your account.'

I hope hubpages will consider total performance of the hubber before banning any account.

Does anyone have idea about this?

2. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Could you take a look at the hub for me Wry? See what you think. If you got to my profile then search for 'zoobles' in the 'search for content by' box, it'll come up.

Sorry, since it's unpublished I can't view it.

I tried but it says "This hub is no longer published."

You can email me a copy if you want?

3. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I am such a numpty - of course no-one can see it smile. Hold on I'll see if I can screen shot it.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I've emailed you a FireShot screen capture of the whole hub - if you open it in paint then you should be able to see it.

Thanks - I am so stressed out by this. I really try to make my hubs useful and not spammy so it hurts if someone calls them out.

5. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

It is just another automated email. One thing you can do is cut some irrelevant or excessive tags and check if you can rearrange the hub in proper category whatever that means in this case.

6. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

I checked to see if I could find a cashed version of it to have a look - but I can't. What I did see though is that a lot of zooble hubs have the phrase "spinmaster" in them - if yours does I think this may be the issue.

Yeah mine did. It is categorized as toys of kids, and only has 11 tags. But I did tag it with Spinmaster because that is who makes it. You think that they have flagged all hubs with this tag?

1. Susana S profile image91

I don't know - it was just a guess smile The automated system may see spinmaster as an unrelated tag, but I'm pretty sure that whatever the issue your hub will be re-instated once it has been manually reviewed.

7. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I just sent you an email about this.

I agree about the spinmaster part.

Maybe if you could mention the creator in the main text of the hub?

8. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I definitely wouldn't take it personally, Spacey - if you email HP then a real human being will contact you with real advice. Although from personal experience, I know that this can take a few days.  (I had the ads disabled on one of my hubs.  After I emailed HP, they renabled the ads at their end, but then I found that my ads had been blocked by Google!  It was a perfectly innocent hub, but its main keyword had a double entendre that Google didn't much care for lol  I ended up disabling the ads altogether and making it an Amazon-only hub.)

9. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Want to read your rude hub now Empress smile

I can just remove Spinmaster all together. Noone has used that term to find the hub so I couldn't care less if it wasn't on there. It really hadn't occurred to me but now I see that its not a very Google friendly term.

I am still wondering if this has been flagged by another hubber - I have had a pesky little fly bothering me on HP for a few days (none of you friendly people I chat to on the forums).

Ok - I'll email HP team and see what I get back.

10. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Wry - thanks for looking at the hub - I will sort the tags out, then resubmit and see what happens. Just nervous I would resubmit and be told it was a repeated violation and I was out the door sad

I am replying to your email about the other question smile

1. Susana S profile image91

You're not going to get booted, don't worry!

11. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I blooming hope not - I've had the central heating on constant for four hours and I am still freezing, goodness knows what my gas bill will be like smile

12. Spacey Gracey profile image40

how annoying - maybe he is working towards an accolade.

Keep track of him detective Wry

Yes. And the instant he breaks a rule I'll be flagging it. smile

I've come close to emailing the staff several times due to the sheer incorrectness of his posts.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@wrylilt i thought it is your thread...it is wrylilt all the way on this thread..btw how are you doing?

smile Coz I never shutup. LoL

I'm doing ok. My hand is all healed. big_smile

And I'm set to break $100 total this month.

Have you got any Amazon sales yet?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i do get amazon sales...total around 14 ...but i would love to see them more frequent ones...i dont write product reviews...so sales are sporadic..congrats for $100 ...you have earned it and i am very happy for you...

13. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I removed the spin master tag and it got published so either that was the problem or there wasn't anything wrong with it in the first place.

big_smile Awesome!

14. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Please to hear you got it sorted SG. I watched this thread with interest but had nothing useful to add. So it was the Spinmaster tag, you think? Need to remember that if I ever write anything to do with this company.

15. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Maybe Izzy but I really don't know. The notification was so vague it could've been anything but it seems to be fixed now. It just really frightened me I was going to get banned as my hard work is only just starting to pay off.

Check you out with your 100 score again - how's things going for you?

16. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My Amazon sales are starting to really take off - not in your league of course, but hey it is all falling into place at last! Adsense also is slowly climbing - just gotta keep writing.
    And hey...Hubpages would never kick your off - your work is too high class - it must have been a standard automated letter with that threat!

17. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

On the subject of unpublished hubs and the message that accompanies it.  I found it very scary when one of my hubs got pulled.  Not so much the individual hub, there's always more, but the possibility of losing my account.  And that is just a little newbie like me.

For someone who is a real contributor, who is making money - and making hubpages money - this must be a real shock.  I appreciate this is all free, and it's great, and we're lucky, etc. but I wonder if there is any way of just making the messsage slightly less frightening.

I do have a personal interest of course because I don't expect all, if much, any really, of my hubs to be of the pure sales vehicle kind.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the message needs to be frightening. Not for the likes of SpaceyGracey but for the sheer volume of spam merchants who think they can take articles and spin them here in a nonsensical way and get away with it.
      Unfortunately, when its an automated message, there really is no way to separate the good writers from the poor, I don't think.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fair point.  I've done some hopping.  Quite shocking really.

I think that's what wound me up - the total rubbish I have seen on Hub Hopping. And fair enough some of my older hubs are pretty pants, but I've been trying really hard recently and this one that got picked on was quite useful.

Anyway, I am over it now, honest, no I am really, I'mnot in the least bit bitter or resentful.......grrrrrrrr

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)