jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Possible new IE 8 hub view problem.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Just an fyi:

When trying to read someone’s hub my IE 8 browser had a compatibility view hissy fit and locked up.smile Tried twice and it happened twice; both times were when I tried to interact with the hub re: comments and/or rating it up.

There was a compatibility view MS update recently…

The hub was: http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Lost-Soul-My-Missing-Father

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

PS - I wasn't able to replicate this in my version of IE 8. Could you try emptying your cache, restarting and see if that solves the problem?

paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

First the “bad” news…

I tried it again as instructed. And once again IE8 immediately tried to initiate compatibility view mode and once again refused to let me enter a comment.

The good news…

I went and downloaded the MS compatibility website list and HP is not on it.

I went to another hub and had no problem entering a comment and rating it up.

Conclusion:

It’s that one particular hub that causes the problem (apparently uniquely to me).

As to what that problem is and whether it is worth pursuing…smile

2. thisisoli profile image58
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

IE9 is out soon, and I literally cannot wait.  From a web developer perspective it is finally seeing Microsoft catch up to 8 years of advancements in other web browsing technologies, and I will finally be able to fully recommend CSS3 design on my clients websites.

I just now stumbled across an ad for IE9 beta. May the force be with you.smile

2. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

You need to ditch IE... it sucks. Try Firefox or Chrome or Safari or anything else!

Unfortunately, too many people use IE to visit our hubs. So we always have to be sure that our hubs are IE compatible.

However, I neither dispute nor affirm the sucking part...smile

2. brakel2 profile image85
      brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I have had trouble with IE 8. No trouble with Firefox other than slowness and too many tabs.

working