jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Translation from American English to English needed please

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

Is 'climate gloves' a generic expression to mean gloves that will keep you warm? Or are they a brand? Or what?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd go with generic expression, since if they were a brand there'd likely be a website jump up either for them or selling them.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I am English and cannot recall ever having heard the expression used - is it something they would sell in a sports /camping shop?

Sorry I cannot be of more help than this.

3. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 5 years ago

I looked up 'Climate Gloves' on the web, and found something about Women's Multi-Climate Gloves:

From the beginner run to the steepest chutes in Alaska, the Multi-Climate series is designed to offer maximum protection from the elements with great fit and comfort.
    Continuing our dedication to great fit, we have used many soft-shell fabrics throughout the series. Combining these soft-shell fabrics with GORE-TEX® and Aquabloc® inserts offers the rider the ultimate in waterproof/breathable technology. We have also incorporated many leather panels to palms and sidewalls for maximum durability and comfort.
    Many styles are available in under cuff, gauntlet and mitten constructions, allowing the most discriminating rider a number of choices for their weapon against the cold.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

i think it is a glove designed to meet various climatic trends.
    For example it might be insulated if it were designed for very cold weather or might be lightweight, sweat absorbent if designed to protect the hand whilst driving in hot weather.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

This may not be the correct description of the particular gloves in question, but "all-weather" is a common term used to describe some clothes.  So is "year-round" or "all-season" (although that one is often used when talking about tires).  If it's not a brand name, then maybe "all-climate" would describe them.

6. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 5 years ago

I'm American and have never heard of the term 'climate gloves.' It might be regional, but it's not in standard usage at all here.

7. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Maybe "climate gloves" are to keep your hands comfortable during global warming. lol

8. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

thanks people. I researched hard and nothing jumped out at me but the term has come up in the keyword list of one of my hubs.I'll keep looking in case it is a rising trend.
    thanks for your help.