jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How many tags?

1. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image81
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 5 years ago

how many tags does it take to "trip" the automatically generated warning? some of my hubs have 20-25 tags- all relevant though- and i want to make sure im not going to be stepping on any "robotic toes".

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think minimum 2 tags should be in every hub and maximum of 6 tags

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you need a minimum of two tags.

However the maximum changes on word count. For instance if you only had 300 words you'd likely get a warning if you had more than 10 tags.

However if you had a hub of 2000 words you could probably try for 25-35 tags.

Just remember the golden rule: tags need to be relevant. If they start to wander off into irrelevant topics, you've got too many.

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As others have said it is variable depending on the word count on of the article. Personally I use as many tags as I can. Once I've got to about 20 I refresh the page to ensure the flag isn't there and then add one > refresh and so on.

3. MARKiTYOU profile image60
      MARKiTYOUposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What did you do about this?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Check this out:

Maddie Ruud is a moderator.

3. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 5 years ago

It sounds like a lot of Tags...why do you need so many?  I think the most of used is 12-15.

4. HSanAlim profile image55
    HSanAlimposted 5 years ago

I believe that the trip that gets a warning there are too many tags is to do with the total number of outgoing links on any particular hub.

That means outgoing links of all kinds; links you enter, amazon product links, tags. They all add up.

I use an online program to quick check the basic structure of my hubs. I get a message like this each time I check a hub.

Out Bound Links   
    GOOD: No problem with the outbound links on this page.
    NOTICE: There are 99 outbound links.

If I add one more tag there is not a problem. But if I add two more tags, or add one tag and one amazon product, or add two amazon products then I get the following message.

WARNING: Too many outbound links discovered.
    NOTICE: Most search engines have a problem with more than 100 outbound links from one hubpage.
    ADVISORY: Consider reducing the number of outbound links that this page point to.

So that is the information on which I base my comment that its the total number of outbound links and not just the number of TAGS.