jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Need Adsense Help!

1. okmom23 profile image77
    okmom23posted 5 years ago

Thank you for your help.
    I am doing something wrong with submitting my URL on my application. I submitted: hubpages.com/okmom23, and received a denial based on domain.
    I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Send the application with URL of your profile page. Write minimum 10 hub then resubmit the application

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Think about it from their perspective.  Put the URL you've given into a box and see if it comes up.  It doesn't. It's not a good URL.

It's been too long since I signed up for Adsense, so I can't remember if we just put hubpages.com or if we put our profile page.  If you're trying to link to your profile page it's hubpages.com/profile/(insert name here with out parentheses).

3. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I think you just put www.hubpages.com

I'm almost positive. Then I think it gives you a code, when you put that code in affiliate settings it links all your hubs to it. Then you're done.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

The help section is a wonderful thing:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/

5. okmom23 profile image77

Thank you for your help!
    I will try www.hubpages.com, because when I try it including my profile name they did not approve it.
    The help section (where I read) did not answer my question. If I had not applied yet, then the help section would have walked me through it. I will check it again though, before I hit send!

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your profile URL is:

(Mind the /profile/ part - the full thing has to be there. Double check it in your browser first)

6. okmom23 profile image77

Thank you, Jason.
    I just submitted my app. (again)with www.hubpages.com in the URL box. They did not approve my app. when I submitted it with the URL including my profile name. The re-submit application is very different from the original. The example of: www.example.com was given under the URL box.
    I guess I will find out which way they want it written in a few more days.
    It is frustrating!
    Thanks, again-I appreciate everyone's help.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This application will also be denied, since you have no domain ownership.

You are mistaken about this situation. The URL, hubpages.com/okmom23, you submitted originally was NOT the one for your profile page. It was a homemade address that included your user name, but an invalid URL that Adsense cannot use for anything.

Please see again Jason Menayan's post above. That exact URL is the one that you must use with your application, no other address will work.

Instead of persisting with your improvised "solutions," you should heed the advice you are receiving, especially when given by a member of HubPages staff and backed up by several others.

1. mom101 profile image60
        mom101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just noticed I have been a member for a year. Doesn't seem like it.  Anyway, I too just received a notice from adsense denying my app for the same reason.

I just left the help page here, and if I can remember correctly, the "how to" instructs us to simply type in hubpages.com. It also says that by adding www in front will void it.

So, now, I am tee totally confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To apply for Google Adsense, the HubPages profile page URL must be used. This is the only way that Google will be able to verify the contents, as your profile page is essentially your home page on this site, linking to all of your articles and whatever descriptive information you have chosen to provide.

To apply for Google Analytics, you will use hubpages.com, not your profile page.

2. okmom23 profile image77
        okmom23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree. I have not received the denial yet.
        I will follow the directions here. The application process can be quite
        frustrating, as the resubmit is different from the original.
        Thank you for your advice, much appreciated!