jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Adding a link

1. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

I have been trying for two days now to add links to my hubs. I will highlight the word and click on the link button. It doesn't bring up the URL link capsle, it just scrolls it to the top of my page and I can't link anything. If I am doing this wrong or there is a problem, please let me know. Thank you.

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you are getting a JavaScript error of some kind. What browser are you using? If you are using Firefox, please do me a favor and go to Tools > Error Console. That will open up a window that will show you any errors that are occurring. Click on the "errors" button in that window. Then try to add a link to one of your Hubs. Does anything appear in the error console window when you try to add a link?

tlpoagueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I don't have Firefox. I wished I did so it would be easier to know what the problem is. It still wont bring up the URL window. It just brings me back to the top of my text window. We just installed the lastest Java and it still does it.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Tlpoague,

Are you using the "chain" link inside the text capsule? If so, it should have a pop up window, where you can enter in the URL that you want.

Once you have highlighted the word- click on the "chain" link button. That should give you a pop up window for your URL.

If that is not happening, then contact- Team@HubPages.com via email and ask them to assist in fixing the problem.

It could be a browser issue, if using the latest IE or IE-8 or newer.

Thank you Cagsil, that is the issue I am having. The "chain"link  window isn't opening so I can add the URL. Thank you for your help.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You can try out Firefox without installing it on your system. Simply go to www.portableapps.com and download it, then extract the downloaded file to any directory on your computer. If you do not wish to keep it, simply delete the directory. It is a free, open source program, and completely safe to download.

The regular version of Firefox is freely available from www.mozilla.org.

Thank you for the information. I will pass this on to my husband who is trying to help me figure this out.

working