Huge Amount of Quick Vital Questions

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61
    KnowledgeAnywhereposted 13 years ago

I have been on hubpages for two months.  I have read multiple articles on SEO and backlinking.  Ninety percent of my hubs do not have backlinking.  But I choose for a while to say no backlinking.  It was "different" I thought and "original".  Unfortunately, google does not appreciate too much difference.  Next, I choose to push the envelope further and put indents at the start of my paragraphs.  I do not know if that affected anything.  After all my work I received 8 cents total income earned.

I have seen only one hub without a single backlink that has a hub score of over 88.  But it contains an something in which it will be ignored adsense.

Ultimately the above information lead to these questions:

Does having five spaces in front of each paragraph of a hub affect its adsense revenue?

If you have no backlinks in your hubs at all can your hubs be successful?

What is the extent hubbers can promote?

Will we at least receive a warning before banning?

Can we use adsense?

Can we use youtube?

Can we use real life methods of advertising?

Lastly, how did anyone get a hub score of 1? 

I do not condone spam at all.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

►Does having five spaces in front of each paragraph of a hub affect its adsense revenue?

No. Google reads text. The more text that matches relevant searches the more chance of ranking for that search term (along with varying other factors of course.) Space counts for nothing.

►If you have no backlinks in your hubs at all can your hubs be successful?

I think I might have done maybe 20 backlinks on all my hubs. This month I'm thinking I'll get over $100. Backlinks were originally created so people could link to something that interested them - and if your work is good enough you'll get organic backlinks.

►What is the extent hubbers can promote?

There has been argument about this in the past. I believe you should check what is written in the learning centre and help sections. However I think some backlinking is allowed as long as it isn't automated or spammy.

►Will we at least receive a warning before banning?

Yes, unless you intentionally step far over the line (for instance if what you post is obviously spun with backlinks pointing to one site only or you post tons of spammy nonsense stuff.)
    If there's a problem with a hub, it will either 1. Have Adsense turned off, 2. Have a warning appear at the top if it's not a big problem or 3. Be unpublished with a warning at the top and an email - correcting it and resubmitting or emailing the team will usually get it published again.

►Can we use adsense?

Do you have an Adsense affiliate account? Simply link it here> http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate and your Adsense adverts will be shown for 60% of all impressions.

►Can we use youtube?

Yes. Insert the URL of the video in a video capsule.

►Can we use real life methods of advertising?

I don't see why not. Maybe if you define this more? However remember that in the end it's not your site, so if you're going to get serious about promoting a single page, it might be better to make a niche site on that topic.

►Lastly, how did anyone get a hub score of 1? 

This is when a user is almost borderline being banned. They either have a LOT of low quality hubs which aren't QUITE bad enough to be unpublished, or just have a lot of low quality, spammy and semi rude interaction with the site.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And on a personal note: Welcome to hubpages.

8c is a good start - I think it took me about 30 hubs to earn that. Hubs take between 6-9 months to mature and start getting serious traffic. I publish them then usually leave them alone to do their maturing and move onto write another hub.

Do you know how to do keyword research? Some of your hubs look like they might be in high competition or low traffic niches.

TIP: Put a large block of text at the start of your hub and HP will automatically insert an Adsense advert there. It's the highest click spot on a page.

1. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

I think I need to explain myself a bit better.  The answers you gave were excellent but there are a few details that are unclear.

If you have no backlinks, feeds, or any other links within your hub can it get a decent hub score even if keyword research is done?  If so, can anyone show one hub that scores above 90 that did it (without that person having 1000 followers)?

Can we use youtube to promote our hubs?

Can we use adsense to promote our hubs?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4128623_f248.jpg

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hubscore isn't based on backlinks. It's based on a range of things onpage including comments and content as well as traffic.

Here is one of mine that got 250-300 hits per day for four months and now averages 100 hits a day.

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Tribe-Facebo … tion-Guide

It DOES have an RSS feed on it now, however I only put that on about two months ago. And it's spent time going back and forth between 80 and 98. With no backlinks. In fact I wrote it for fun and it turned out it was the first of its kind, meaning I hardly expected traffic at all but ranked number one in google for awhile and is still on the first page (having never written a game guide before.)

As to promoting your hubs on youtube or Adsense, the thing you should be asking yourself is "How much effort do I want to put in for a page that I don't own and is only a single page?" I don't think there's anything against it but IMO Adsense adverts would be a waste of money because even with keyword research you can still bomb sometimes. And youtube? Well if you have high traffic there I don't see why you can't put a link or two to hubpages in comments field, although I don't know what Youtube rules are on spam or overpromotion of one site.

If you want to put serious promotion work into a page, I'd recommend doing it on your own site, where you own ALL the content and earn ALL the revenue.

2. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The HubScore, unless it falls below 45, is relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of things--particularly if your goal is to make money. HubScore won't help you in that regard. You may get a few more internal links if it's got a top score which may result in a few more readers, but that's about it. Can your hub still do well in the search engines and make money if you have no links, backlinks or RSS feeds? Absolutely.

No. If you want to pay to promote your hubs, you would have to use AdWords. AdSense is what publishers, like us, use to display ads. AdWords is where people who are trying to market something go to buy them.

2. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

I want to see one hub that has no links at all and be popular. 

Irohner can you please show one hub that did it without doing something very drastic?

Essentially the specific hubpage itself is the object to market information.  Therefore, why could we not use adwords?

Wrylit, your hub has links within it but I am not referring to the rss feed.  The links are under : Helpful Links. 

Furthermore, the cost of running my own website would take money.  If it is a free website it is usually setup where someone else gets 100% of everything. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4129578.jpg

Having outgoing links from a hub is actually likely to hurt your earnings than help. I try and keep outgoing links as far from the top of the page as possible, so that people are more likely to see adverts and click those.

BACKLINKS are links pointing to the page. You don't need backlinks or outgoing links to earn money.

It's completely possible to earn from a page without any backlinks or promotion. However, each tag you create is actually an internal backlink to your page. Click them and you'll see a list of matching articles. This internal backlinking is part of the reason that hubs rank so well.

3. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

So, again, no hub no matter how original the content can not amount to anything without one link to its back.  Hubpages cleverly designed a tag as a backlink to search within their website.  Although many other websites do the same exact thing.  Of course there are exceptions but thats the general rule that I learned from everyone here. 

Thus making each and everything website, blog, forum, rss, and video design exactly the same.  Because each and everyone is connected to the web and once it is in the web it must have at least one link to be successful. 

So links are branded upon each and everyone piece of any online content in order for traffic.  And there exist no hub ever published that has no backlinks & outgoing links because that would be a violation of the general rule.

Our content could be original but the design for everything indexed in the internet must contain some link in some way.  Sometimes the links are called metatags but its the same concept its just invisible for search engines to find content.  So instead of my thoughts of google bots scanning each one it is quite defined as we need something more than content.  Thus, making our "way of getting traffic" the same because it shows no originality to accept a search design that has been around for over 20 years.

So if anything drastic happens to the internet it will affect all content connected to it.

------------------------------------
      This was a very good conversation I guess true original content has more evolving to do.  Maybe one day 50 years from now there will be something better than the internet.  But if everyone is very content with this system the "thing" that replaces the internet may be 100 years away.  Until that day I guess everyone is okay with the exact same system to judge content.  Thanks for the responses they were really helpful.

----------------------------
      Which brings me back to my main question.  Can you show or list one hub without backlinks within content or any type of links other than tags that is popular on hubpages?  Adding the fact that the person did not do anything except write it with no promotion or status.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4131214_f248.jpg

I don't understand why a hub with outgoing links matters to you. Outgoing links aren't what gets a page ranked. It's links POINTING to that page.

In fact many top hubbers prefer NOT to link to any hubs except their own or none at all. Many consider linking to other hubs as 'leaking traffic'.

2. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That statement is untrue. You need to understand the power of hubpages as a platform. Hubpages as a whole has around 1 million backlinks to the site and every single hub benefits from that. This means you can outrank a whole lot of other pages on the search engines without doing any backlinking on your part - if you choose topics/phrases that have low - medium competition.

If the other first page results have PR3 or less and you have written a quality hub, you will get on the first page of the search results pretty quickly. Then again, if you choose high competition topics/phrases then backlinks will be essential to rank on the first page. It's really all about understanding what pages you are competing with and what work you will need to do to outrank them.

A hubber with just one hub can do extremely well if the hub has been researched well in terms of keywords and competing sites.

1. sofs profile image78
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is indeed a great response to many of the question that i have regarding this subject. 
          I am learning  quiet a bit from this thread.  thanx.

4. quotations profile image87
      quotationsposted 13 years ago

Hello, I am not sure if I fully understand your question about backlinks but I have found that it helps the rankings of your web page or hub if that hub has at least one and preferably three outgoing links pointing to authority sites that have information relevant to your subject.

So for example, if you write a hub about Albert Einstein, you should have at least one link going from your hub to, for example, the Wikipedia article about Einstein.

This may cost you some traffic, and revenue, because your link will lead some people away from your site but overall you will benefit from having the link because google ranks sites and pages according to a number of factors. One factor that does influence your rankings is whether your hub/article points to relevant sites.

This is not the same as having a backlink point to your article. Having others link to you is best.

It is possible to achieve high rankings in google, and good traffic, without backlinks pointing to you and also without having links from your hub to other sites, because these are not the only factors that affect your trafic but linking to others or receiving backlinks usually helps.

However, it is important not to link to what google describes as bad neighborhoods. If your hub or site links to sites that google does not like such as gambling sites, spammy sites, sites known to promote illegal activity such as file sharing then you may get yourself banned from google or at least this will hurt your google search rankings.

I hope this helps.

5. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

There sure seems to be a lot of confusion here.  I think the OP should re-read Wrylilt's answer more carefully but I do want to add one thing that is often overlooked:

A backlink is a link from some other place that points to your hub.  You might have created it yourself (on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, whatever) or someone else might (I might reference your page in a page of mine here or somewhere else or I might mention it on Facebook, Twitter etc.)

It's the latter type (the "organic links") that have the most value to Google.  However - and this is important - it is not always easy for Google to discern organic from self-created, and "fooling" Google in that way is the goal of grey and black hat SEO.

All hubs will have at least internal backlinks (links from HubPages itself).  As those pages (HP's subject pages) are organically linked to, it's impossible for there not to be a path to your hub from the great wilds of the Internet.  HP also creates RSS feeds for you, and those are another source from outside to you.

If you post a really interesting hub and I mention it in my Twitter feed and a few of my followers find it link-worthy and retweet it or put it in Facebook or on their blog, and a few more of their peeps do the same thing and so on, pretty soon you have a whole pile of real organic links and a big wave of visitors leaving comments and talking about your page.  Google boosts up your SERP and now you are on page one for half a dozen phrases and even more traffic pours in and some of those people add you to their blogs, their Facebook, whatever.

This can and DOES happen.  It can happen without you doing any SEO work at all. It can happen with you doing everything WRONG with regard to SEO. 

There are many of us here at HP and across the Internet who care very little about self created backlinks.  I have pages that are top SERP in Google for their subject, have powerful and wholly organic backlinks and that earn very significant amounts of money every month. For many of those, I never did anything more than write them - the world did the rest.

So, yes. quality content can rise without you doing anything special.  Does it happen often?  Well, that will depend upon the quality and the level of interest other folks have, right?

6. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

I am constantly reading the same thing.  Its all about the "hub" that somehow became the best without doing anything.  That is very good. But that is not what I am looking for. I want to see a hub that has a high hub score without any outgoing links & any other kind of link within it. 

This is ignoring the internal backlinks.

I was referring to those with only tags that become the best.  If there is one it usually has contains one specific tag that messes up the adsense but gives it popularity.

Again where is that hub without links within the text that is the best?

-----------------

Pcunix the special thing done is the links within the hub itself.  Can you please show me one hub that has no links (besides internal), or has not published by someone who has a giant following?  Just simple original content that is popular without any extraordinary means of promotion.

Susan S.:  Can you please show that hub that has nothing but internal backlinks and with insane popularity without the specific author doing anything magnificent?

Quoations: The same exact question applies to you. If "it is possible to achieve high rankings in google, and good traffic, without backlinks pointing to you" is true.  Then if you do not have promotion, giant following of the author and links of any sort within the hub itself can it be successful?  If so, where is that hub?

Hmmm lets see. I posted a hub the other day about Wills & Kate getting engaged (on another account). No links in or outgoing. Had 40+ hits on the first day from google, bing & yahoo.

I bet there's some serious competition out there on the topic. But I didn't bother checking because I also trust that hubpages is such a good platform I could at least rank high enough for some of the related keywords to get hits. And I was right.

AND the whole point of links outgoing from a hub (such as RSS feeds) is just to try and send traffic from that hub through to other hubs. Networking the hubs basically. But no one can click those links unless traffic gets to the page in the first place.

2. Susana S profile image91

I'm not really sure what you are trying to get at. Are you asking whether the system on hubpages is fair? Are you asking whether a hub can be successful if it is written by an author without a massive following? Yes to both questions.

Here is one hub that you'll find on the first page of the hot hubs and has a score of 97: http://hubpages.com/hub/Compare-eReader … bo-eReader

The author has written a very good hub but nothing else magnificent is going on! He/She has been here 2 months and has 10 followers. The author has provided links to his/her related hubs at the end as most hubbers do. Having checked the number of backlinks from external sites in yahoo site explorer there are 5. So again nothing that miraculous.

I don't understand this sentence at all, sorry.

Also, it's worth noting that just because a hub is doing well on hubpages in terms of hubscore, it doesn't mean it's doing well in the search engines and receiving tonnes of traffic and earning lots of money.

So, what is your definition of "best"? A hub that gets lots of hubpages traffic? A hub that gets a lot of search engine traffic? A hub that earns a lot of money? A hub that currently has a high score?

3. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could show you dozens.

Why is this so hard for you to believe?

Of course these pages have back links. They are organic, though, not created by the author.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

KnowledgeAnywhere, the reason you're not getting an answer is that people don't understand your question.

You're asking for a Hub that has no links WITHIN it, that has a good HubScore?

Lots of links WITHIN a Hub give you a good HubKarma score, but that only has a very small effect on your HubScore. HubScore is calculated using the following measures:

- Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages

- The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community

- The response of readers to your Hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.

- The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be penalized

See?  Nothing to do with links. 

Backlinks are links TO your Hub from other websites.  They are not IN your Hub.  Backlinks will help increase your traffic, and more traffic will boost your Hubscore.

1. Susana S profile image91

The thing for me is I can't understand the relevance of the question hmm

@ KnowledgeAnywhere - The web is called the web for a reason. It makes sense to interlink your own content. I think you have quite a few misunderstandings about the way things work.

High hubscore does not necessarily mean high search engine traffic and the reverse is also true ie: high SE traffic does not necessarily equate to high hubscore.

"an internal backlink that makes their hub popular but disqualifies them from adsense." Read adsense TOS to see what disqualifies a publisher from adsense - it's not internal or external links.

7. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

Wrylit: It is very hard to believe it without seeing anything especially on the internet.  Its like being told Santa exists.  And yet nothing is shown.  The hub you talked about sounds extraordinary where the hubber just posted one time and bing Google & yahoo suddenly put it on their search engines in one day.  And best of all no promotion was put into it right?  Where is the hub?

Susana S the only thing I am getting at is to see truly original content with no promotion or links within the hub.  The only links allowed are internal backlinks because without that the hub cannot be published in the first place.  The hub with the score of 97 has links at the bottom.

I am not looking for the best because the majority of all of those hubs have links within the text.  I was looking for great hubs with high hubscore, & traffic without links within the hub.  Or including a internal backlink that makes their hub popular but disqualifies them from adsense.

I'm not revealing my private money making accounts to you just to prove a point.

Whether you believe it or not, outgoing links from a page can actually LOWER the pages value, since some people believe they 'leak link juice'.

8. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Actually scratch that, I have a perfect example I'm happy to share from this account. It was a one hit wonder in my opinion so I really don't care if it's copied!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/gillears.png

http://hubpages.com/hub/Julia-Gillard-h … -Ear-Lobes

As you can see from the graph, I had immediate traffic in the hundreds, from about an hour after publication. The bumps are when Julia Gillard was noticeably in the news.

The ONLY outgoing link on that hub is to another hub I published about two weeks later, by which time most of the major hits had subsided anyway. So at the time my hubs got all those hits, it had no outgoing links.

Happy?

9. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

It is hard to believe any original content gets noticed without putting links within the text.  The majority of hubpages that I saw that does become successful have links within the text.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Pcunix it is hard to believe because 99% of all the decent hubs I have seen had links within the text.  Its kind of hearing it exists but not a drop of proof is shown.  Are you saying that there are hubs with backlinks within the text or from another source completely?

Wrylit I was not looking to copy at all.  But your example is based on a certain moment in history.  In your words it was a "one hit wonder" so its not consistently good at all beyond a certain time period.  If I wrote a hub about the Michael Jackson's death before he died would not I get higher page rank than someone who wrote about it three days after? 

Marisa Wright "You're asking for a Hub that has no links WITHIN it, that has a good HubScore?" yes but it also has to have good traffic.

Susana S I am referring that I know of a hub that has a very high hub score with no links within the text.  But Google itself takes away the advertisements (& the revenue) because of its topic & internal backlinks. 
      --------------------------------------------------------------

This entire forum post was turned to prove one thing that original content can rise above the ridiculous practices of search engines.  A while back I thought search engines scanned the text and placed it on its page rank at various levels.  Maybe that was what Google was similar to 18 years ago.  But it does not seem like that now.  When someone throws in a hyperlink within the text suddenly the hub is more important and Google usually places that above the one without links within the text.  Unless the author is experienced, takes advantage of a current trend, heavily advertises, or happens to be by a popular author such as being the Mark Twain of Hubpages it is very bleak for the majority any online content in that situation.

I learned a massive amount through this thread about how the internet works.  The SEO process wants links but I did not want to cross that road.  It turns out I have been unknowingly crossing that road all this time through internal backlinks (tags).  And the internet is essentially run on these tags from websites, blogs, businesses, and charities.  All of these are connected to one giant entity called the internet.

Maybe one day the internet will be run on originality.  But for now that is not the case.  For now almost anything people do it is being run through 1-3 main designs of classification.  And everyone seems very content with this system.

In the end, I will start linking to the rest of the internet.  Which means putting links within the text of my hub.  It cant be too bad being hubber 1938191.  Overall, it wont be what I write that matters but its going to be the same methodical way of finding and viewing it which will be the most disturbing part. 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4160187.jpg

All I can say is:

INTEXT links in a hub do not make THAT hub rank better. They help the PAGE OR HUB they link TO rank better or get more traffic.

A BACKLINK is a link that is not on the hub page at all, it is pointing BACK to that hub page.

2. Pcunix profile image91

There is nothing wrong with linking out. It can even help Goigle more accurately decide what your page is about.

Some people fret about visitors leaving through those links. Yes, they will, and often be grateful that you showed them the way to something useful.

But you in no way NEED outgoing links.  If they make sense, use them. Otherwise, they are not important.

10. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Here, let me wrap this thread up. No, there is no high ranking hub on here, ever, that has no inbound or outbound links.

Nor has there ever been a web page, ever, in the history of the net.

There, that answers your question. Feel better now? Next!!,,,,,, smile

1. Pcunix profile image91

It does seem like some people only want to hear the answer they want to hear..

1. Bill Manning profile image68
          Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well you know what they say, give the people what they want,,, big_smile

11. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image61

This topic has evolved into proving who is right.  I was not looking for "No, there is no high ranking hub on here, ever, that has no inbound or outbound links." phrase at all.  All I was looking for solid proof that there are good hubs without links within the text of the hub. 

And a few of the very very experienced hubpage users are saying in not so many words "Yes its there but we cant show you because it would be a giant liability on our or my friends part.  I truly hope you understand."  But my initial resolve before posting any of this was to prove "it can be done."  Obviously, it has been done but its just extremely rare.  Because the majority of content here and almost everywhere has links within the text.

The main point is the internet should not be run on tags.  And its kind of messed up that links drive almost everything on the internet. 

Lastly, Bill that is not what I wanted at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)