jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Feedback on comments

1. MeGunner profile image73
    MeGunnerposted 5 years ago

Why do I have to go back to every hub on which I've posted a comment to check the if the author has reacted or responded to my comment? Why can't there be a notification of some sort that the author has reacted to it. Then, I think a 'Reply' feature, like in the forums will be okay for hub comments too.

1. rotl profile image60
      rotlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting point... though I think the volume of notifications may become too much for HubPages to handle if it were to start notifying every hubber of every response to every comment. It would be nice, however.

2. Ari Lamstein profile image78
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you considered using the "Ask A Question" feature which is on the hubs?  If you use that feature to ask a question, you will be notified by email when the author replies to it.  You can also keep track of questions you've asked in the "Questions" tab of your Accoung page.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When using the 'Ask a question' option on the hub, anything you say won't add to the discussion and/or be there for future readers of that particular hub.

1. Ari Lamstein profile image78
          Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, last month we changed that.  Now all questions which were asked on hubs stay as part of that hub.  As an example, look at the hub What's That Movie?.  (I'm picking this hub as an example because it generates a large number of questions.)  Underneath the "Ask a Question" box is a box that says "Questions Asked On This Hub".

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But what if you're not asking a question? Also, as Wry says, I want the discussion about my Hub to take place in the Comments section, not diverted away from it.

Which is another reason why having the "Question" section showing next to my Hub is intensely annoying.

What we need is a tick box like on a blog, so commenters can tick the box to opt to be notified of new comments.

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Hey, I think this can be done through the feeds.. if your comment is answered you can reply without having to go to the hub. I haven't used this feature recently to know if any changes have taken place, but check it out.

1. MeGunner profile image73
      MeGunnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. 0
    the fixposted 5 years ago

I just posted same wish. There really is no reason why Hubpages can't make it an option for the person who left a comment to be emailed if the hubber replies to the comment. It should be an option and I have seen it on Blogs so why not on Hubpages?

4. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 5 years ago

Rather than endless comments, Author responses and notifications as suggested would it not be a better idea to have a Hub dialogue button that opens a Discussion forum about the hub.

I think it might popularize more Hubs, and Authors.

Perhaps there could be an added Hub Discussion Section in the forums and as a control to keep spammers and self promotion to a minimum, two parties would have to activate the thread, First by the Author and then by the commenter.