jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Email notification on comments

1. 0
    peacefulparadoxposted 5 years ago

If I post a comment on a hub and someone else posts a followup comment after me, does Hubpages send me an email notification?   I do not seem to be getting such email notifications.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You will only get email notification of comments on your own Hubs, and then only if you set the capsules for that option.

3. hudlife profile image61
    hudlifeposted 5 years ago

That would be a nice feature to have. It would be nice to not have to visit hubs just to see if there have been comment responses.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Just go to My Account, Comments. It will show you any new comments there and what hubs they were left on.

5. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 5 years ago

HubPages is currently soliciting feedback from users on new features. There is a forum thread by "ariariari." Check it out and share your thoughts with him/her.

6. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

LinkedIn has this option and I love it!  It keeps me current on that particular subject.  All too often, I forget to go to Comments - I need an inbox to keep this stuff all straight.

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

there should (could) be a subscribe to feature when commenting, this would also encourage non-hubbers who comment - to come back and maintain a discussion.

Its a pretty common feature with website comment boxes

8. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

this is the forum thread you can post this idea on. I already suggsted it but go along and back me up smile

9. 0

Looks like Hubpages implemented the feature.  Because today when I commented on someone else Hub, I see a checkbox that asks if I wanted email notification for any comments made afterwords.

Great addition.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, yet another bit of Hubpages that makes it a great piece of software to work with.

10. 0

Correction.  The checkbox actually says "Email me when the author of this hub posts their next comment".  So I only get email notification if the author of the Hub post a comment after mine -- not when some random person posts a comment.   

Still a nice feature.  Because I often ask a question in my comment.  Good to know when the author response back with a reply.