jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Problems with Text capsule

1. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

I am having problems with text capsule. When I click the "save" tab after editing text module, screen becomes white and remains so after that. I am facing this problem for last 2-3 hours.

1. zeromarket profile image60
      zeromarketposted 7 years ago in reply to this

same here been working for 5 hours stright on my computer and almost finished and now hubpages is being so weird and wont let me save the work whats' going on

2. crusador profile image63
    crusadorposted 8 years ago

facing same problems

3. frank2much profile image61
    frank2muchposted 8 years ago

I also experiencing the similar problems

4. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I just published a new hub that I've been working on off an on all morning, and haven't had a problem wit hthe text capsules while editing, saving, rediting, etc.

5. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

You are right whitney. I have spotted the problem. I use different browsers and have updated my opera browser to Opera 9.50. Problem was with the settings of browser.

6. Maverick_999 profile image73
    Maverick_999posted 7 years ago

Same here, not jsut with new ones also with old ones too
    mine is with photo capsule
    i have to back to many hubs to redo thme again
    :S

7. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I've been having this problem sporadically the past few weeks. A few days ago, I lost all of the text in a capsule. I'm working on a new hub and went to save my 4th Text capsule and got the white screen of death. When I scroll down, I can see the capsule, but all of the text is gone and it won't let me recover a draft. Also, the text capsule itself is approx. 1" wider than the toolbar up above it. What gives?

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi lrohner,

If you tell me the title or url of the hub that had the problem, I can see why the back up didn't work.

Usually, this means that the internet connection is down.  Was the circle red or green when this happened?

The other possibility if it is sporadic is that you are using Firefox and have too many windows open.  Is this the case?  If not, what browser were you using?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Larry!

I am using Firefox. Had 3 tabs open on it and Outlook and that's it. Here's the URL:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Baking-Cookbooks

I recreated the text so the problem is resolved, but it's happened a few times to me and really just in the past few weeks. I click Save on the text capsule, the whole top half of the screen is covered in white (although opaque so I can see everything through it). When you scroll down, I see the capsule and it's blank. Recover doesn't work, nothing. I have to refresh the screen, and I've lost my text.

Oh, and I believe circle was green. Didn't think to look specifically then, but will the next time it happens.

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I had the same problem earlier & also kept getting the message from Firefox to resend.

HP, could you please reply to our posts so we know you are working on a solution.  Thanks so much smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh how to induce writers block huh ,just read these and remembered ages ago having the same problem for half a day anyway.
      I have started writing everything (text) into word now or notepad, then just have it open n paste to capsules slowly or in one hit ,then edit it properly once there. I seem to work in fits n starts ,so just thought it might help someone else to do it that way (if ya like me) a la snail.smile

Hope those capsules get sorted out for you real soon.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was doing a copy/paste from my MS word document.  I hope it gets sorted out too, cuz my brain is flowing freely.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh dont ya just love it when that happens..!!
          Ive written nothing for a couple of weeks , then starting on two today , wonder if theres something in the air lol

or could it be we at hubpages are the only ones NOT on vacation ,lol.

1. zeromarket profile image60
            zeromarketposted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jane,

I'm glad to look to see what's up.

Are you still having this problem?  Was the circle at the bottom of the text capsule red or green (red means that you have lost the network connection)?

Are you able to reproduce the problem consistently or does it happen sporadically?

I'll post on this thread when I have an update.

-Larry

9. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Larry,

Same issues as lrohner, also Firefox put up a warning that it had to resend information.

Can't recall a red or green circle.

working