jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Do You Use Hubpages to Make Money?

1. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

I'm new to HubPages and I'm curious how many people use HubPages to make money. Is is to make some pocket change or are people actually making a living on here? What percentage of users do you think do it just/primarily for the money?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm only doing it for the money.  Never had much interest in riting anyway.  I just put pictures of nice things and tel peeple to buy them. Reckon I;ll be rich in about a week, should be rolling in ti by then.

1. rotl profile image60
        rotlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sarcasm and irony (?)... I like it!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
          Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I didn't mean to be sarcastic.  Just a little joke.

Serious answer.  I am here to make money.  However I don't have the first idea.

1. rotl profile image60

It was a really funny answer. The ironic part to me (not intended I'm sure) was that people who have no business writing anything may be on here trying to make money writing.

1. BobbiRant profile image60
              BobbiRantposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I figured I'd buy a mansion next week, in 2045 that is.  LOL Loved your answer.

2. Ruben Rivera profile image79
        Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have published 16 hubs and one gives me some pocket change, so the more hubs you have the more chances of making money.  Of course with that goes keyword research, SEO, all that good stuff, I can only suspect those with hundreds of Hubs may see some money every month.

1. rotl profile image60

Interesting... thanks. Yeah, it's interesting how much awareness there is on HubPages about SEO, keywords etc. That has to be for the money angle. I thought people on here just liked to write for the most part.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Rotl:

I would take a look at our success stories:
      http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

They can give you an indication of what's possible if you're persistent and patient. smile

1. rotl profile image60

Very cool... thanks Jason!

3. Tarin profile image60
      Tarinposted 6 years ago

I'm here to make money off of Hubpages massive authority for hubs(and hubcaps) and yellow pages(plus white pages).  Hubpages is like 2/3rds as good as Wikipedia can you imagine how much money Wikipedia would make if it was monetized?

4. DonDWest profile image89
      DonDWestposted 6 years ago

I would venture to say nobody makes a living here, at least not YET, however keep in mind the money is residual income, which is the best income you can get. Who knows, maybe after fifteen or so years of Hubpages the best writers can slowly but surely fund a retirement. They probably wouldn't live lavishly, but they wouldn't have to work. They would have to pick topics that withstand the test of time though, nothing temporary.

1. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know quite a few people on hubpages who make several thousand dollars per month on this site - yes it takes time and persistence, but not 15 years, lol!

1. rotl profile image60

Wow... that's pretty sweet. Do they write about stuff they're interested in or are they writing based on popularity of topics to maximize revenue?

1. Susana S profile image91
            Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's different for different people. Some write hubs that are just going to make money, some write a mixture of money hubs and stuff they're interested in and some just write stuff they're interested in.

The joy of hubpages is that you can do it anyway you like smile

The key really is writing on something that interests you but with a mind on the search engines at the same time.

1. rotl profile image60

Makes sense... thanks!

5. waynet profile image49
      waynetposted 6 years ago

I was going to post a forum post that said something along the lines...o I use Hubpages to make a cup of tea, but that would have come across like really sarcastic, so instead I'll just say yes I do!

1. rotl profile image60

Lol!

working