jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Another BT complaint

1. 60
    Peter Eisnerposted 8 years ago

I stumbled into this website whilst looking for a BT complaints site. TRY THIS:
    On 17th March 2008, Cornwall was battered by storms. My overhead telephone line cable was hit by lightning. The lightning strike came down the line and blew my BT Broad Band connexion box and also blew the BT Home Hub. It took me over 2 weeks to get the message across to BT who eventually sent a cable crew to replace the overhead line. At all stages of contact with BT sales staff , and confirming that, as my system had been destroyed by a lightning strike from their line, I would not be liable for the cost of and repair to my instillation.   BT sent me a new hub by post, at no cost. An engineer arrived a few days later, spent 20 mins replacing the b/band socket, then left. I look at this months bill to find that I have been charged £99 for the engineer. Since it is impossible to talk to these people by phone, I start to bombard them with emails. After 2 weeks a BT rep calls me and says that there will be no refund of any sort despite that fact that he understands what caused the problem. During this period of over 2 weeks of no service what so ever, I have still been charged for both b/band and line rental. It is also noticable that Yahoo (what a rubbish service this is) is obviously targetting either the children or the very weak minded with it's mix of silly graphics and video clips to take their pocket money off them. This Yahoo crap keeps over-writing my BT software and I therefor can't access my email service for weeks on end. No compensation for that lack of service either. Yes another unhappy bunny!

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

HubPages has nothing to do with the kinds of hubs you're talking about.  I suggest you take this complaint to another site, because it's rather off-topic here.

3. Inspirepub profile image89
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Or make a Hub out of the story, because it sounds entertaining, and with pictures it could attract serious traffic ... wink

4. Louie Jerome profile image61
    Louie Jeromeposted 8 years ago

I have one of those Hubs you are talking about and I can confirm that it isn't the same as the Hubs on Hubpages!  Hubpages don't charge a monthly fee and you don't need a BT engineer to set your hub up.

However, if you wrote a hub on BT services in UK, I'm sure you would get lots of readers.

5. surfgatinho profile image90
    surfgatinhoposted 7 years ago