jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'm Being Followed. Help!

1. J Sunhawk profile image81
    J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago

I popped over the Google analytics to look around. I clicked on this and that to fool around and try to figure out this analytic stuff.

Now it followed me home. It took up residence on my Hub page above the SEO bar.

It's in this bar that says "Google Analytics." Then there's this blue box that overlays the Hub page. It says "Page Information." It's got page views, unique views, time on page, bounce rates and other stuff. And there's little balloons popping out all over the Hub page with percentages inside. What is this?

All this stuff jumps out every time I open a different hub page, and I need to click on the hide commands to get rid of it. Very irritating.

What did I do?

How do you get rid of it?

Is it some new beta thingy from Hub Pages or Google?

2. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 5 years ago

I think that's In-Page Analytics - used to be called overlay.  You probably clicked on it and now it's showing you metrics on the actual site.  It can be a little surreal, can't it?

They've changed the layout and commands a bit, but I think that to get out of it, there should be an option at the top of the screen to exit or close or something similar.

1. J Sunhawk profile image81
      J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the lead.

This is like a horror movie where the protagonist must figure out the name of the demon before it will go away.

Once this "creature" is named I can track it down, pull out the crucifix and be rid of it.

3. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 5 years ago

Restore your system to the day prior to stepping into do do.

4. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile - love scary toolbars too?

5. salt profile image66
    saltposted 5 years ago

smile lucky its not the CIA, FBI, KGB, INTERPOL or tax people smile