jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Am I doing something wrong?

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image61
    WorldCup~2010posted 5 years ago

Ever since I started writing for Hubpages in the summer, I became addicted very quick. Now, I have not produced one hub in well over a month. I lost the drive the write articles for this site. And now when I try to go back and write, I just become discouraged by the tiny amount of money I have made, and the low traffic I have received. What am I doing wrong?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some people are very lucky and hit a 'target audience', if you like, within their first few hubs.
      This hub will bring them in hundreds of viewers every day. It is reckoned that roughly 2 people in every hundred visitors will click an ad that will bring you income.
      Most of us don't reach that target audience until we have learned SEO.
      Until then, we keep plugging away and writing new hubs, hoping t hit 'the one'.
      I, personally, had written well over 100 hubs before it sunk home how to SEO, but even now, only about 1 in 10 of my new hubs get a decent amount of traffic.
      Maybe they will in future, maybe they won't.
      What you should do is try to read up as much as possible about SEO while writing new hubs.
      Your main thing is that your url should use the same words as your title.
      You will learn what works for you, and what doesn't, the more you write.
      Hubpages is a great place to learn. Get writing!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, it certainly ain't the LOGO. GO Yanks! native NYer. I gave advice to someone else. Select the proper bait, or lure. Flies are for more skilled writers. You have to select your fishing spot, dependent on what kind of fish you're going after. Patience helps, but if the above aspects are well chosen, it shouldn't take long. Bait. Nibbles, then a hit. Set the hook. You got'em! Make 'em laugh, make'em cry. Scare them, mystify them, tug at their hearts, tug at their minds. Always keep the customer satisfied....and always leave them hanging. Then they want MORE MORE MORE! Good writing! smile

2. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

It won't happen overnight, unless you already have a lot of experience in SEO, targeting your niche, and selecting topics that pay well.

When I joined, I was told that it took most writers, on average, anywhere from 7 to 9 months to reach first AdSense payout, and that by 1 year, you would be making payout every other month, all things being equal.

Those with more experience writing for the internet reach payout faster, but for many, it takes longer.

Keep writing and learn as much as you can about what works here.

Visit lots of hubs and read about what works. Check out the learning center (link at bottom of page). Be willing to invest more time and effort in your work.

Good Luck!

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

If there is any one thing you invest your time in, make it keyword research. Without getting that one piece down pat, things can be tough.

4. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

It takes some time for traffic to build. However, you've also only written 8 Hubs.

Take a look at each of the success stories here:

Expand each to see their traffic graphs. In every case, traffic slowly build up over time, and in all cases they published many, many Hubs.

The biggest mistake people make is giving up too early.