jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

for All you pro-troops fans out there

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

hopefully this isn't considered spam...big_smile

Thursday June 26th (tomorrow) will be an 8 hour internet telethon from 4pm till midnight eastern time...hosted by Move American Forward

the goal is to send the largest single shipment (in American history) of care packages to the US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

you can tune in at http://www.HotAir.com OR http://www.ustream.tv/channel/from-the-frontlines

you can sponsor care packages at MoveAmericaForward.org

2. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Good Job dude.  I have sent over 30 different Mixes of music to Iraq already, but money and food and blankets and equipment is so so important. 

Regardless of how you feel about this war, those troops need to know that we care and haven't forgotten them.

3. SparklingJewel profile image66

Yes, bless your heart DJ big_smile

My daughter was just recently discharged from the army reserves and my new son in law was just deployed. He is an army helicopter pilot. Geez, I've only seen him twice since he and my daughter met. Prayers are great, please send as much love as you can to them all big_smile

Spread the news about this will you?

4. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

I'll try and I hope more will echo our sentiments.  I'm as anti-war as they get but it SHOULDN'T matter.  These are American citizens who deserve our support.

5. SparklingJewel profile image66

You Rock!!! DJ big_smile

6. SparklingJewel profile image66

Half way through the marathon, they have raised a half a million dollars for the troops!
    Bless our troops!

7. compu-smart profile image82
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

Sparkling Jewel, I am a pro-troops fan and i wish i was literaly  right behind them!!
    smile

8. SparklingJewel profile image66

Did you check out the internet telethon. Last time I checked, they had raised over 714,000 dollars to send care packages to the troops in Iraq and Afganhistan! smile they were having some technological difficulties, because of overload of people involved, but they kept right on!

This is such an important boost to the troops over there dealings with such intense situations, heat and putting their life on the line daily...I feel like we can't do enough for them to support them and get them through this.

9. SparklingJewel profile image66

The Move America Forward internet telethon collected over one million dollars during their campaign last night! big_smile

This will be spent on sending the largest amount of care packages to the troops in US history!

Way to Go! Bless our troops!

working