jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Can't read my fan mail

1. suzzymilkmaid profile image60
    suzzymilkmaidposted 6 years ago

Maybe it's my computer maybe it's Hub.  Is there anyone who knows the answer to this problem?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

How do you know you have received fan mail?

Should be available here:

http://hubpages.com/my/fanmail

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I was about to ask Suzzymilkmaid if it might be possible that she hasn't got any Fanmail to read.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Camlo, you and I often think alike, it seems.

1. camlo profile image84
          camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed that, too.
          Great minds think alike! smile

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Suzzy,

If you have received any fan mail, there will be a notice of it in the Hubtivity report on your profile page.  When you click on the highlighted link in that notice, you should be able to read the fan mail.  If there is no notification, then you have not received any fan mail yet.  If there is a link, but it will not work, then contact the Hubpages team and report it as a problem.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Suzzy's profile page URL:

http://hubpages.com/profile/suzzymilkmaid

Contact HubPages:

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Anyone leaving fan mail to others is informed that it must be approved by recipient before it appears, so that is hardly the problem here.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought perhaps she might be wanting to re-read what she had left as fan mail for someone else.  I have tried doing that, and if the fan mail has not been approved, then it is not available for viewing, even for the original author - at least mine has not been. 

Frankly, I believe you and camlo are correct in your first comments; but suzzy's brand new, and sometimes those first questions of a newbie are not worded the same way they will be a few days or weeks down the road.

4. Aficionada profile image93

OR - are you talking about fan mail that you have written to someone you are following?

5. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Did you notice she just joined?

Should she be expecting any fan mail this soon??

6. Aficionada profile image93

Honestly - the most likely probability is that she is fishing for traffic.  I bit, and it was not worth it.  Don't bother.

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Aficionada, I understand your point, and it is a good one. Now we have covered just about all possibilities.

Pcunix, sure we did. Thus my first question, although she had one follower when she made the OP, so one never knows...

working