jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Moving capsules around faster?

1. Hub Star profile image79
    Hub Starposted 5 years ago

I have a suggestion for HubPages.

When we add a new capsule, it would be great if we could move it up or down several spaces with one click. 

For example, let's say I add a photo capsule.  It always appears at the bottom of the Hub.  It would be great if there was a drop down menu by the vertical arrows:  Move up one space.  Move up four spaces, Move to top of Hub, etc..

Or is this already possible, and I just don't know how to do it?

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The reorder interface in the sidebar is one way to do it (as others have explained), but if you know where you want to add a new capsule, you can also add it using the blue "add ->" button that appears on the left side of your Hub content (and it will be added to that spot rather than at the bottom of the Hub).

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The fastest way to rearrange capsules is the compact drag-and-drop interface on the upper right side of the editing screen, followed by a click on the "reorder" button.

1. Hub Star profile image79
      Hub Starposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, okay.  Thanks.  I will look for that!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, doh, so will I.  I won't say how long I've spent faffing about with Amazon and text boxes trying to get the damn things to move up in line.  Then thinking "oh I need to add a new box in there" and giving up before the RSI sets in.

This could bring a whole new quality to my output. er. Which is basically boxes with products in and a bit of puff about how good they are.  It's top notch.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

The rearrange option on the right is ideal and perfect for what you're talking about.