jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Updates to "Answers" Section

1. Ari Lamstein profile image78
    Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago

I'm happy to announce some exciting new updates to the Answers section of HubPages.  We have listened to your feedback and hope that these changes will improve your experience on the site.

The first change is that the default view for Answers is now "Hot" instead of "Latest".  This makes the Answers section more like the Hubs section (which also defaults to Hot) and the Hubbers section (which defaults to Best).  Many Hubbers had asked us to highlight quality questions more prominently.  We hope that this change helps with that.

The second change relates to "Recommended" questions.  Many users have responded favorably to these questions.  In order to streamline your experience on HubPages, we have merged Recommended questions with Hot questions.  If our recommendation system has any questions to recommend to you, they will now appear first in your list of Hot questions.

We hope that you enjoy these new features!

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is good to see this type updates nowadays. Thanks for this update to answer section. I am happy.smile

2. 59
      nbbatt.composted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, better term better view better opinion. Thanks for this update.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Ahhhhh Thankyou guys - brill. More improvements for all, cool smile

NB - Why are you against a wall Ari? You in trouble? You do look kind of worried.

1. Ari Lamstein profile image78
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL!   That photo was actually taken in the office in HubPages on my first day of work, using my iPhone!

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol it is kinda stark looking. Glad you're not in trouble. Maybe you can get Maddie or Simone to decorate you a little (was thinking festive), shoot you another and use that. Then I shall stop worrying you're lined up for ... something smile

3. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

You needs a good festive Santa hat! And maybe a string of lights or two. What about a set of antlers?

4. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 5 years ago

Great new updates, thanks.

5. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 5 years ago

Nice update!

6. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

Spectacular! Thank you!

7. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

That's a good change.

The word “recommended” was too long a word to fit proportionally with other sub-titles there.

Either way, “recommended” sounded as if you are pushing for something in which case one is bound to ask, what are the benefits that come with it?

8. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Nice, but what about more restrictions and rules towards what should and shouldn't be there? Why not bring those back, so that the junk is better filtered out?

9. cookibuq profile image75
    cookibuqposted 5 years ago

This is helpful - thanks !

10. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I was just thinking - now and then I find answers to questions that I've asked where I've wanted to leave a comment such as 'great answer - and would make an even better hub'.

Just found one I asked that had a fine answer to it - a bit more work and it would've made a great hub.

11. Rimzim profile image60
    Rimzimposted 5 years ago

Nice Updates

Specially "Recommended" questions is nice option.