jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What are the benefits of comments.

1. 0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 5 years ago

Anyone know of any benefit to allowing comments on your hubpage article.  It this going to help it in the serps.  If not then I can not see any benefit.  People who read the article and then start reading comments are less likely to go and click on an add imo.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The benefit is long tail phrases that comments can add to your hub.

2. PiersPang profile image75
    PiersPangposted 5 years ago

The more comments on your hub normally means that your hub is hot and worthy in one way or another. That may just attract curious passersby to want to find out what the fuss is about.

And like Pcunix said, there may be relevant long tail keywords in them especially if the comments are on topic.

All these to me mean more traffic, and hopefully more ad clicking.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

As a matter of fact, I usually try to include a keyword phrase or two when leaving a comment, and believe that many others do as well.  If I've enjoyed a hub (but don't click as I'm blind to the ads) it seems the least I can do to give a little push, however minor, as a thank you.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think most people do that on purpose, but their phrase usage will create ltk's that you never would have thought of yourself and that would be clumsy to work in if you did think of them.

I have a short post that doesn't have much to recommend itself but it started attracting comment after comment and has been pulling 3,000 p/v per month (and commensurate income) for over three years now.  It never, never woud have done that without the comments.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I dunno, PC.  When I get a short paragraph comment from someone that's been here a while and it contains several keyword phrases in different sentences, I tend to think it's intentional.  Maybe 20% of the posts look like that.

And I sure agree that it can be helpful.  It is part of the hub, after all!

1. PiersPang profile image75
          PiersPangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tend to agree with Pcunix. I doubt most people when commenting will think of SEO'ing with keywords unless they're linking back to their sites.

More likely than not when a person knowledgeable on the issues is commenting on topic, those keywords just come naturally.

1. Anesidora profile image82
            Anesidoraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're both right of course. Repeating keywords and keyword phrases in comments is a professional courtesy, I believe.

4. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago

People who are successful financially on HubPages tend to write good content and interact with their readers via comments and forums.  This is no more a get rich quick site than the rest of the web.  Success comes from interacting with an audience not just posting backlinks and SEO.

5. Stories Inc. profile image74
    Stories Inc.posted 5 years ago

Comments also give you great feedback, that can help you improve your hub, your future hubs and your writing, which is always a good thing.

6. CYBERSUPE profile image58
    CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

Hi tilecleaninghub,
        I'll take all the comments you don't want.  Just send them over to cybersupe. Many Thanks in advance. Pcunix is right on.

7. Tarin profile image61
    Tarinposted 5 years ago

As stated earlier comments give you more keywords to rank for.  Giving comments provides you with dofollow internal link juice.