jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are there salad bars in restaurants where you live?

1. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

In my area, it appears all (or a whole lot of) salad bars have been removed from restaurants and places like grocery stores.  Salads are sold in different sizes (everywhere), but they're all packaged up "McDonalds Style".

I remember hearing about the "hygiene factor" with salad bars, but I didn't know exactly where the switch was coming from (state law, local laws, food places themselves).  So anyway, are there still salad bars?  (I thought it was mostly everywhere, but now I've learned that I may live in a tiny cocoon (although I've been to suburban restaurants (fast food, family, and nicer) in the other part of the state - no salad bars there either.  Just curious.  I haven't seen a salad bar in my town (or similar towns) in years.

2. TheWicklessCandle profile image59
    TheWicklessCandleposted 6 years ago

What's a salad?

Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol  You must come from my area.  People going to restaurants around here wouldn't see any salads (or know what they are) if they didn't know to look for them or ask for them.   lol

3. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

pizza hut has one- my girls work there and are always filling it up

Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm.  They apparently do exist somewhere.  (Of course, we had a Pizza Hut here, and in that case, the whole Pizza Hut disappeared sometime in the last several years.  Maybe the Board of Health closed them down because they had a an "evil" salad bar.    lol  )

working