jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Experiencing Technical Problems: Can't edit hubs

1. 60
    Steve Hortonposted 9 years ago

Fellow hubbers: I am experiencing technical problems and cannot edit my hubs. Tried everything: drop and drag; reordering; rebooting my comp., nothing. Any ideas?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Try hitting shift f5 and reloading the page.

What browser and OS are you using?

3. 60

Shift and f5 did nothing. I am on regular AOL, and the same browser used on previous 9 hubs.  I reload the page, or when I click edit text, it just moves to the top of the page. I now have red arrows at bottom of capsule verticle and horizontal, that say "click to view full size". They weren't there before. 

4. Veronica profile image89
    Veronicaposted 9 years ago

I had a problem last night editing a hub. When it let me into the text box, half the originally saved text was gone. I couldn't get it back. It was just erasd form then on. It was as if when i went into edit, and into the text box, not all of the text box loaded and was just gone.

So, maybe the editing problems started last night.

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

We did roll out some changes to HubPages yesterday that may have affected the Hubtool.  We've tested things in IE6, IE7, and the latest version of Firefox.

If you are still experiencing significant problems with the hubtool, please contact us using the link below.  That form will tell us exactly what version of browser you are using along with your message (which will help us immensely in debugging the problem).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

6. 60

Hi Paul:

I replied to the link you provided and I am still experiencing problems with the hubtools. Still cannot edit any of the text, photos, or advertiser capsules. I have tried different browsers to no avail. I can log on, check my account and read my hubs, just can't edit or post on any of them.

Thanks for your help,

7. 60

Actually, nothing works. It won't go into Edit mode. Preview, unpublish or done editing, all do not work, as well as reordering, drop and drag, etc. Nothing on any of these is functioning. 

8. 60

Thank You Hubbers and the HubPages Team!

Problem with editing hubs resolved. It appears when I reset my cookies to 'accept all cookies', the problem with editing arose. Reset to medium, refreshed everything and now I am back in business!

Again, thank you everyone for helping out. Couldn't have done it without you.