jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Best Page to Link Referrals to?

1. hubba-hubba profile image60
    hubba-hubbaposted 5 years ago

I am relatively new here, have written a few hubs, and am just starting to look at the referral program.  I have read a lot of the very informative posts in the forum regarding the topic.  I was wondering if there are any thoughts on the best page to link potential referrals to?  Do you use the new user sign up page, the hub home pages, the hub tours, perhaps a hub of your own?

Any advice is appreciated!

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Opinions vary…smile

Here are mine:

If you have already made your own sales pitch, then link directly to the signup page.

If it’s a would-you-like-to-know-more or just a single-sentence link, then link to the HP homepage.

3. hudlife profile image61
    hudlifeposted 5 years ago

I think linking to your own hub would be the best endorsement. You will be giving a personal recommendation, and it doesn't get much stronger than that.

I too am interested in the referral program and I created my own, why should you sign up with hubpages, hub.

Good luck!

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I send them right to the signup page. Why send them on any detours? smile

5. Aya Katz profile image91
    Aya Katzposted 5 years ago

I think the question might not be where to send them, but where to send them there from. So, granted that the hubpages referral page is the destination, where will they start out? Your profile page? A special hub about how great it is to be on Hubpages? Or maybe a link from each and every one of your hubs, no matter what it is about?

1. hubba-hubba profile image60
      hubba-hubbaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, and I think that is what I was trying to get at.  Basically I read your response as saying do not send the referral link to the sign up page.  The common formula is 1. provide potential referral with a hubpages link - 2. potential referral clicks on link and views information - 3. potential referral becomes an actual referral.  Linking to the right page in step 2 is so important. 

I appreciate all the comments and really think this is a very productive discussion!  Keep it going!

Personally, I agree with paradigmsearch, but the question is do we do a sales page/speil before we get them to Hubpages or do we wait til we get them on Hubpages to really push the sale?  I think it is best to get them on Hubpages asap and get that cookie in there, plant a seed, let it grow!

6. Tarin profile image60
    Tarinposted 5 years ago

The whole point of the tracker is that you get a referral link that doubles as a dofollow link so I always just link to my profile page.