jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Confusing duplicate content

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

This page has a paragraph from my hub on wedding cakes:

ht tp://www.mastour.gov.cn/bbs/boke.asp?blogl.showtopic.118849.html

However I'm not sure what they're trying to do. If you have any insights please let me know.

I thought I'd just place it here in case anyone else has work copied on that site or could make sense of it. smile

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It looks like a tier 2 site to me... if you are a blackhat SEOer, you create a program that searches the web and creates... well, garbage pages that end up 200 or 300 in the search ratings in google. No one reads them. Then you spam them so they have a certain amount of backlinks, and you insert links with your keywords to the site you are promoting. Do this with a couple of hundred pages, and your tier 1 site (the site people actually reads) gets a high search engine placement.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I suggest you remove the hyperlink (you can still post the website address, just don't give them the link juice!)

They're just doing the usual thing, using any old articles to create content for their site.  I assume at least some of the Chinese content is advertising of some kind.

No idea how you can report them though!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa. Have updated the link. Forgot about that!

I've just never seen one that is slashed and then remade from several articles and then put on another language page. Weird!