jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Keywords for a New Hub

1. scarlton profile image78
    scarltonposted 5 years ago

I have a new Hub that may or may not be good money-wise, traffic wise I think OK. Am I allowed to post that hub here to get help finding my most profitable keywords? Yes, I love to write, but wanna make some extra money as well...smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you were told in the previous thread, yes you can post a link here.

First of all you need to get a bigger block of text top right so that an Adsense advert can go there - the highest click position on the page.

And what makes you think you'll get a lot of traffic to the page? If it's pertaining to one single video, it's hardly to get many hits. Firstly, people probably won't searching this on google; secondly if they are, they're more likely looking for the video itself and not comments about it; and if they are looking for comments they'll probably read the comments on the video instead.

Did you do keyword research on this?

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm.... Didn't I tell you that you could? Here is the official answer:

2. scarlton profile image78
    scarltonposted 5 years ago

Not necessarily thinking that I will get any hits, or money. Not the point of the Hub at all for me. Just asking for suggestions for the best possible keywords for my Hub. I am a fairly new person to this, and definitely in the learning phases of keyword research strategies.

And yes, I understood posting links from the previous thread. Just submitted the question again for those who may not have read the question in the other forum.

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I think you're getting confused between keywords and tags...?

Keywords are the words that searchers use to find your content. Technically every word you write is a keyword, although google puts more weight on the keywords in your title, URL and subheadings than just in the content. That's why a hub about plants with the title "Different types of garden plants" will probably rank higher than a hub with the title "Green friends in my backyard".

Tags on the other hand, are just simple ways for hubpages to 1. Provide more links back to your page, strengthening your backlink quality with google and 2. Choose what other hubs to display on your page as well as what hubs to show your hub on.

Of course you can put your chosen keywords in your tags, that doesn't hurt either.

1. scarlton profile image78
      scarltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for clarifying me there, I was doing just that. Then I want to make sure I have the best tags possible. Like I said, just getting used to some of the ways of SEO, keywords, etc.

Any advice you could give me, if you check the link, would be greatly appreciated....

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I really don't think you'll get much traffic with that topic.

Think about what people are typing into google - I don't think there'll be a lot looking for 'ton of love sneak peek'. People usually type in the simplest terms so I'd expect them to type in "previews" or "spoilers".

Also, it's more of a personal reply than an actual add on, review or interesting tidbit about the show.

I'm sure some people with a strange sense of humor would find it funny (I did) but on the off chance you start getting visits from people who watch the show, I think you'd be more likely to be told off for insulting the person and picking on fat people.