FINALLY getting more visits from Google than HP

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

I hear that's when you really start making money, so I'm looking forward to it. I guess it takes a few months for your stuff to hit its stride on Google.

1. profile image0
      Kerry43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Amie; good for you!

I noticed a little while ago that my traffic was coming more from Goog than here too. I don't have hundreds of thousands of page views like some people, but following the tips people provide on here made some of my 'dead' hubs come to life. I think revision is the key. There's always something new to learn.

Keep up the great work:)

Kez

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

WTG! Congrats.smile

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years ago

Good for you, Amy.  You are absolutely correct - it takes some time for organic visits to develop, but that's where the money is.  Not from the deadbeats on HP. lol

Keep writing - it's coming your way!

1. LindaJM profile image83
        LindaJMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woah, you've got 100 HubScore! Congrats! How did you manage that?

2. LindaJM profile image83
      LindaJMposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! I'm not even sure how to tell if I'm getting more traffic from Google... oh, but I think I remember the "My Traffic Sources" ... checking, checking... well, it looks like I already do get more from Google! 24 from Google and 6 from HP in the last 24 hours. The numbers aren't high, but it is a beginning.

Last month on the 19th I made my first hub and I've got 31 now after doing the HubChallenge. Now I'm working on backlinks and promotion. I don't expect to see great results for another six months or so... but you never know!

3. Money Glitch profile image64
      Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

http://i25.tinypic.com/29ql636.jpg Amie, Congrats! big_smile

4. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Good job Amie! I know you need this and I promise this is the start of great things if you keep at it.

How are your sales hubs going?

1. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't done any hubs lately. Got sort of depressed and stopped for awhile. I've been trying to concentrate on DS to make some money before Christmas too. I entered the 30 day challenge, but I won't make it. I don't have time to do both. I'm almost at 30 hubs all total, though, so that's not bad.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
          Urbane Chaosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, hell.. there's no reason to be depressed.  As long as you're alive and breathin', everything's golden.  Remember, this, worry won't add a single day to your life.

As for your hubs, sometimes it's best to just let them simmer a bit - like a slow cooked roast.  Check on it every now and then, make some adjustments, and when it's done, enjoy the meal.  You're doin' great - no worries.. Just keep pluckin' along..

5. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

Thanks everyone. I know it's not much, but I'm happy with it.

6. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
      Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the reporting, Amie.  I've been here a few months less than you, and it's interesting and encouraging to hear how traffic has shaped up for you.

7. Moonmaiden profile image67
      Moonmaidenposted 13 years ago

I didn't even know we were doing another 30 day challenge. I really do need to pay more attention to the forums.

1. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's ongoing. You can sign up anytime and do any 30 days you want. I signed up for this month, but didn't make it.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/58396

It's a personal challenge, not a group challenge. Information at that link.

8. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Congrats! You're doing great.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)