jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My inner three yr old is actIve!!! want more fans/followers! How do I

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 5 years ago

HOw do I get them? I see people with 50 hubs and hundreds of followers. Maybe my work isnt of the same quality, hasnt hit a niche market? Is dull... is only of interest to me?

I have to work on more fans/followers? Or do I just plug away and work at my content? Whats the answer?

2. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 5 years ago

Work on your content.  Why does it matter how many followers you have?  I've never been concerned with that number.  Begging for followers can be a turn off for some people (it is to me) - just my two cents...

1. salt profile image65
      saltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thankyou ! Appreciated, I was just feeling a little left behind by those that have many. I am happy with what Ive done so far and know things will get easier!!

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

There are users who have hundreds of hubs but only a handful of followers.

If you're seen often in the forums or around the site you'll get followers.

And I find that at least 60% of my followers probably never comment (maybe never even read) any of my hubs.

Followers never bring money or any other compensation except an occasional comment on your hubs and very rarely, maybe a backlink.

They're an after effect of the work, not a reason for it.

4. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

WryLit said it exactly: "They're an after effect of the work, not a reason for it."

I've never worried about followers - if they enjoy what I write, great, but followers don't generate income. 

My philosophy: If you write good, meaningful, interesting content then the reader is going to hang around for more.  I try to write each article as if was intended to be a masterpiece.  It doesn't always work out that way, but what I hit publish, I know I'm satisfied.

Even more, when I see those number steadily increasing through analytics, I know that I must have done something right.

Don't worry about getting followers - it's a nice pat on the back occasionally, but as Wry said, they are an after effect.  Your work is something to be proud of, regardless of how many followers you have.

1. salt profile image65
      saltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thats true, my work has been a bit sporatic due to life happening. I am wanting to settle down and really work at this. Wanting outcomes before content! Read Zuzziebees (spelling might be a bit out) and could immediately see the quality of her layout and content.

It about improving and honing, not numbers!