jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Google Adsense Payout

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

There is a possibility I am going to reach payout this month. I hope so. Well, what if I reach 100 dollars, but they find it is slightly less? Will I still get payed in december since I'll be earning in december?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not sure on this sorry. I'm awaiting my first payout (which should be about $200) at the end of this month. From what I've seen on the forums, this is what people have said:

►If the amount is found to be less, you need to wait for the following month.
      ►During the time it takes to calculate payments, they often tack on some money you've earnt in the following month.

Don't know how accurate that information is, but I think the chance of reaching payout could swing either way for you. Good luck!

1. 61
        fdhtykykyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Payout is based on actual earnings -- not estimated earnings. If your actual earnings do not make the cutoff, you do not get a payout the following month.

I've been getting monthly checks from Google for a very long time, and I haven't ever had any monies added from the following month. Not saying it doesn't happen -- it's just never happened to me. smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah it sounded a bit iffy to me, but I remember someone on the forums mentioning it.

2. David 470 profile image87
        David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply guys.

Take this example:
        Lets say I hit $101.00 dollars and it turns out to be $99.00 or something at the end of this month..

If I still get a few bucks at the beginning of December to cover previous would I still get paid(end of dec.) even though i did not reach payout by then end of November 31st?

That would be be pretty weird If I had to wait till end of January. hmm

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no experience here (still waiting for my first check to arrive) but my understanding, using your example, is that the $101 figure is only google's estimation during the month of what it will be.  The proper figure, after examining all the data, was $99.  That is less than $100 so you did not make payout and will have to wait until the end of December to see if you get over $100 total.

Assuming that you make the additional $1 needed, you will be paid in late January for the $99 plus anything earned in December and verified correct.

I did speak to one hubber who indicated they missed their first payout by $.05, so it can happen!  Hope it's not you, though smile

Okay, I see. My earnings are getting close, but I am not sure if I will hit 100 or not. My traffic daily has improved significantly. The only way I can ensure that I will reach payout by the end of the month is writing more hubs that will hopefully make the cut lol smile

2. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No.  You'd finally get paid in January.  There's no "tacking on of dollars."  Anyone who thinks that has not actually read the AdSense TOS.

3. Flora Miles profile image60
      Flora Milesposted 5 years ago

accdg to the published rules, $100 is the minimum payout. so I think even if it would be $99.9 on the last second of november 30, it won't be paid out in december. same here, I'm also nearing my first $100 on my personal blog, not hubpages.  hope though that you surpass $100 this november. congrats!

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
        Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. It has to be at least 100.00. Best of luck at reaching it.

4. Entourage_007 profile image80
      Entourage_007posted 5 years ago

I remember it took me quite some time to reach my payout, thank god I finally did.  It helped me gain some momentum even though it took me 3 months.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Like Relache said, the amount at the end of the month must reach $100 or more!  But pretty soon you may be getting paid every month as many of us do!  Congrats!

Yeah, it looks like I will reach payment every month soon. Thanks.

My CTR seems to be all over the place though.

Ironically, it takes months for people to reach there first payment, but by the time they do reach it, the months after take significantly less time to hit payment, or the threshold is already reached.