jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

YieldBuild

1. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Anyone use it? How does it work with HP?

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It works on HP automatically, no action needed or possible on your side.

As for your own site - you need some serious traffic for it to work. I think they had a requirement of 500,000 views per month back when I joined, not sure about now. Extra benefit is you get to tap into MSFT adsense analog that to the best of my knowledge is not accessible for a regular person in any other way.

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if they still have a cap, but I can assure you that if they do, it's not 500k per month.

1. RedSturtz profile image80
          RedSturtzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you're both talking about different things.

Misha is saying you need 500,000 or MORE traffic to use Yieldbuild.

Lisa, you are saying basically the same thing, by pointing out there is not a maximum.

2. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My traffic is about 250,000 uniques and I was accepted, so it isn't 500,000.

Yes, the access to the other ads, which they will try to use to get the best results for your site, is part of it. They also experiment with sizes and colors.

Pcunixposted 6 years ago

It doesn't work with HP. You need your own site,

I tried it on my site.  It did not work for me.

However: I have been doing this since 2003.  I have tested this, that and the other six ways from Sunday, and my RPM is high already. I am probably squeezing every dime possible out of the site, so it would really be surprising if an automated system could do better.

For an untuned site, it might very well improve earnings significantly.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe HP already uses Yieldbuild on the site.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yah, HP is owned by Yieldbuild

Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they do.  What I mean is that you can't use it here. You don't get the other income that can come instead of Adsense, you can't see the breakdown reports, etc.

3. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

thanks misha, pcunix and Susannah

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

By the way, they warn you to expect an income decrease while they tune things.  If I remember right, they say it takes 100,000 impressions for them to figure out the best mix etc.

I ran it from Aug 9th to Aug 23 and my income dropped horribly during that period and had not recovered at the end. 

Again, I want to make sure you understand that my site is unusually well optimized for Adsense so their program might work very well for others, it just did not for me.  Income dropped by 50% during the test period.

I was not greatly surprised. I have tried this kind of thing before with some of their competitors and had the same results. I also had a Google Adsense engineer make his specific suggestions and he couldn't make things better either.

I am NOT some sort of Adsense genius.  I simply have been tuning the same site since 2003. One would hope that even a fumbling idiot could get good results after all that experimentation!

So, if you have NOT manually optimized over several years and you have high traffic, I would certainly say to give them a shot. Expect an income drop, but they may be able to increase it at the end.

If not, well, you lost a little money in exchange for learning something, right?

working