jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Earnings - Please advice

1. Kdban101 profile image60
    Kdban101posted 5 years ago

OK, I am stuck in a rut- I am new to Hubpages and so far the experience has been good. But, to earn money here I need to wait at least 6 months before I can get an adsense account( am from India and need to wait 6 months before I can apply). And if after 6 months google for some reason disapproves me, all my hard work will go to waste( Kontera doesn't support India).
      If I write a blog that will best in terms of control, options and potential revenue but a blog needs much more promotion and seo than hubpages. I really don't have time for any serious seo maybe apart from doing a few bookmarks. without seo a blog, no matter the quality of content will have null visitors. what's the meaning of writing when i publish something and not even a single person reads it:(. At HubPages I haven't made a single bookmark yet and still have around 150 Internal visitors in one week, with my score continuing to rise.
      If I write for squidoo I don't need an adsense account and each published lens will atleast make 5 cents per month! Considering I can write very quickly a hundred or so quality lens can add up to a decent amount. But I simply find the squidoo platform clumpy and cartoonish. Needs more effort to publish a "quality" lens than a quality hub.
      Which platform should I choose to write to write for at this stage. Sorry for the long post but I am really waiting for you all's advice.

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most people say diversifying is the best option. I would recommend making both.

If you feel a certain article should be a hub, do it in a hub. If its lens matieral, make it a lens. I personally stick to here, since I still have a lot on my plate.

You will be missing out on some money on Hubpages, but not a lot so it is still worth it. If you have continual traffic coming to your hubs when it is time to switch to ads you will hit the ground running.

What makes you think you will not get approved? You can still use Amazon can't you?

2. warchild75 profile image49
      warchild75posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tihnk it would benefit a lot of writers on here if we all had to wait 6months before being able to get accepted for affiliation,it might stop some of the quickly done poorer hubs getting published!

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

My suggestion, start writing for HubPages first.

If you have several hubs out then within six months they should be gaining considerable traffic.  If you're approved for adsense, then you're already ahead of the game - especially if your hubs are receiving a lot of traffic.

If, for some reason, you are not approved for adsense, then your time hasn't been wasted.  You retain all rights to your articles here, so if you wish to move them then you can.  Just remember though, you can't have your article published in two places at once.

Either way, I've found that hubpages generates a good amount of income for what it is.  The only way that I've seen to get more money for your articles is to start your own blog - and that's a nightmare in itself, especially with marketing and getting noticed.

3. Hestia DeVoto profile image62
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

Have you read the "success stories" yet?  I think they give a pretty good idea of what can happen with a good Hub collection over the long run.

4. ThomasE profile image82
    ThomasEposted 5 years ago

You don't need to use adsense to get money; you could use another affiliate program.

5. minatoku profile image71
    minatokuposted 5 years ago

My advice is to write a bunch of hubs and go a head and publish them. Don't wait for your adsense account to get approved 6 months from now.
    Perhaps have a goal of how many you want published by the time you are approved.
    Just keep on pumping them out, and do some book marking, and rewrite the old ones as you go to optimize them. Let them age and grow in traffic, and by the time you are approved you will be earning some decent money.