jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Computer problems

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I'm a  confused computer user and thought I'd ask for some assistance. 

"Tracking software found!
    Your PC activity is being monitored...
    Stealth activity..."

These messages keep appearing on my computer, so I purchased some spyware but the messages continue to appear.  It goes on to say that my 'system is infected.'
    Should I shut the machine off?
    Thanks, guys/gals!

2. lorlie6 profile image85

Now it says that my system has been hijacked.

YIKES!!! sad

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol I can't suggest anything. I know only 3 things about computer 1. shut down 2.restart and 3. how to on it. I just touched a computer first time ever in my life just 1.5 years ago after buying this. First 1 year I only played games and watched movies but now I am learning slowly.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

What software did you run? I usually run AdAware, SpySweeper and SpyBot, as one just doesn't ever seem to get rid of everything.

And what is telling you that? Is it a popup? You know, people TRYING to hijack your PC often manage to have popups that tell you you're being hijacked just to freak you out so you'll click on it.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

iobit.com. Advanced System Care program there is free and good. They also have another free program there that specializes in malware cleanup.

AVG.com has free anti-virus software. Also good.

5. lorlie6 profile image85

It's called "Vista Antispyware."  I really don't know what to do...Actually, I do.  I'm gonna turn it off until I can get somebody over here tomorrow!
    Thanks for your help, but I just don't know enough about this thing.
    See y'all tomorrow, hopefully!

6. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

As long as you haven't clicked on the link, go to snapfiles.com and get a free tool to remove it.