Adult Content Links Threats

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 9 years ago

Today I received a letter ( Email ) from Hubpages saying one of my Hubpages had been marked as Adult Content. It was a link to Slacker which has a adult side and a Non Adult Side. I deleted the Hub in question anyway.

But here is what I have to say I have deleted many of my Hubs many of which that were marked adult that were not adult.  A woman in a bikini is not adult. I know for a fact before the adult was made illegal or banned I was sending close to if not the most traffic to Hubpages of any Hubber.

Then today I get told if three of my Hubs are marked adult my account will be deleted. I have one strike against me because of Slacker. Slacker has a adult side and a non adult side.

I think this adult thing is totally out of control. Hell anyone could mark three of your Hubs adult. I think it is a witch hunt. I do not think there is any thing fair when people can mark a Hub as adult  because of a link. How does that make a Hub adult. But Hubpages belongs to who it does and they can say or interpret their rules anyway they want.

I will be doing most of my stuff in the future on my own hosting where I can put links out to who I want. Hubpages will also be missing the thousands and sometimes more unique hits I send to your site on a weekly basis. I am not saying I will no longer do Hubs I just think the Management of Hubpages needs to think about what they are doing and the atmosphere they are creating.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

We definitely appreciate the traffic, and the work you've done building hubs.

But, if you want to avoid similar problems in the future it is fairly simple -- do not link to a page that contains anything that would be considered adult content if it were within a hub, (for instance pictures of naked people).  The destination of at least one of the links in the hub you're referring to did contain adult photographs.

You won't get an email based on community flagging alone.   The emails are the result of  a manual review process.

Also, you don't need to delete the hub, just remove the questionable links.